Inspiron 15 5567 Very Slow

I just purchased the inspiron 15 5567 laptop
i3 6006u processor
4GB DDR4 Ram
1TB Toshiba harddisk
Intel HD 520 graphics
With Windows 10,McAfee pre-installed
But my laptop is running very slow
Bootup time over 2 minutes even after disabling almost all the startup processes
Hangs alot while working
Cortana responds after 10-15 seconds after i click the microphone button
All latest drivers installed
Diagnostic test came out to be normal with no faults
When i tried Defragging the disk, it was just too slow
Even after 1 hour 4% defragmented so had to abort
Please help me improve the performance of the laptop
Just out of the box, should not be so slow from the beginning itself
Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
ejn63
5 Rhenium

Re: Inspiron 15 5567 Very Slow

Three things are holding down performance:

1.  The i3 is an entry-level CPU - it's never going to give high performance.

2.  4G of RAM is insufficient for Windows 10.  You need 8G as entry-level.

3.  The hard drive - the spinning hard drive is going to result in slow performance;  good performance these days requires a solid state drive.

McAfee won't help here either, as it's resource-intensive.

This system is equipped fine for word processing and browsing - for anything more demanding, you need an i5/8G and a native solid state drive.

0 Kudos
a4aravindg
1 Copper

I don't think it's an issue with i3. There are many laptops with i3 and running on Windows 10.

I have a Dell 5567 (i7-7500U, 8GB RAM, 4GB AMD R7-M445, 2TB/5400rpm HDD) and it is **bleep** slow. My Acer E1-471 (i3-3110M/4GB/500GB-5400rpm HDD) is considerably faster than Dell 5567. (A 3rd gen i3 is faster than a 7th gen i7!!!!)

I have tried uninstalling McAfee, tried resetting the OS using Dell Recovery, tried updating the Intel RST driver..rtc.  but could not see any significant difference. Looks like Dell 5567 series laptops have some issues that Dell has not fixed so far.

I need to try a clean install of Windows 10 and see whether it can make any difference.

0 Kudos

I have a 5567 with a core i5 7200u and it's pretty fast but I bought a SSD drive rather then the HDD and it makes a world of difference in speed. Its much better then my wife's HP Envy with a core i7 7500u but has a 5400 RPM HDD and frankly am considering upgrading her Envy to a SSD. Boot times certainly dependent of drive speed, so I would not turn off PC a lot just let it sleep/ hibernate. Might try turning off things like indexing with a HDD too. Also considering upgrading RAM to 8 GB would help too. 

0 Kudos
RSCan123
1 Copper

I did the same thing - SSD made a world of difference.

0 Kudos
nar1506
1 Copper

I have Dell Inspiron 15 5567 with I7 7th Gen 7500U CPU @2.70GHz 2.90GHz, 16GB RAM, 1TB HDD and Windows 10 Home OS.

I really disappointed with this product because it is really very very slow. I never trust dell again and i didn't recommend to others.

Bahaa.edin
1 Copper

I have same problems
0 Kudos

Bahaa.edin,

Click the link below for troubleshooting slow performance.

Optimize the Power Options

Note: Available Power Plans:
Balanced: This is the most commonly used setting for users will provide a middle ground of higher performance settings and power saving.
Power Saver: Reduced settings for example screen brightness to decrease battery consumption.
High Performance: Maximizes settings for components and performance including screen brightness. Increases the power consumption of the system which in turn will decrease the available on battery.

For my notes, click my username and send me the pc service tag number via private message as well as your Registered name
Email address
Phone number

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?
0 Kudos