zanb
1 Copper

Inspiron 15 5567 dual graphic card

Hello,

I have a problem with switching craphic card on inspiron 15 5567. It has an Intel HD 620 and AMD R7 445. No matter what I do with driver settings, enabling, disabling combinaton... AMD won't work, Intel HD will work and 3D programs and games will lag. The state of hardware is always as picture describes(AMD 0%).

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ejn63
7 Gold

Re: Inspiron 15 5567 dual graphic card

The Intel GPU is the one that is physically connected to the display - the AMD GPU is not a separate display adapter - it funnels all data to the screen through the Intel GPU, so it is not and cannot be made a standalone display adapter.

You may want to check with the publisher of the applications you're running to confirm compatibility with the hybrid video setup in this system.

0 Kudos
jphughan
7 Gold

Re: Inspiron 15 5567 dual graphic card

I can't see your image, fyi.  But expanding on ejn63's correct answer, the discrete GPU drivers in systems like this try to automatically detect when the dGPU should be enabled, but if that's not working as desired in your case, you might find somewhere in the drivers where you can force a particular application to always use the dGPU.  On my own system (which has an NVIDIA dGPU, so it may be different), if I right-click a shortcut, I have an "Run on graphics processor" option, so I can decide on a per-launch basis which GPU I want to use, although I personally haven't had a need to use that.

Additionally, if you're using an external display connected via DisplayLink (a USB graphics adapter and certain Dell docks), a Windows limitation means that the dGPU cannot ever accelerate content being shown on a DisplayLink display.

0 Kudos