RyanG95
1 Copper

Inspiron 15 5570 wifi conection issues

Jump to solution

I got this laptop 3 days ago as a gift and it worked great for the first 2 days but now the internet speeds are highly erratic and it randomly looses and regains the ability to connect to the Wi-Fi. I havnt dropped or gotten it wet. I've run diagnostic test after test and they all come up normal. I don't know if the issue happened after updating windows and the drivers or if the Wi-Fi card is messed up. Any advice would be amazing because I'm at my witts end. Before anyone suggests it I uninstalled smartbyte already with 0 change in the issue

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Clintlgm
3 Zinc

Re: Inspiron 15 5570 wifi conection issues

Jump to solution

You answered your own question, Windows Update messed up your drivers. Log onto the support using your model and service tag number there you will find Downloads download and update all driver for your notebook starting with your WiFi and Bluetooth drivers. While you're there download your User Manual and Service Manual. I like Dell command Update, it's a manual Dell update program. Seems to work better than Dell update assistant at least for me and I like to have full control over what is updated on my own system. 

Inspiron 13 7000 Series 2-in-1 -7386
16GB RAM
Samxung 970 Evo 1TB SSD 2nd SSD 512 GB Hynix
Kit-Dell Dock WD15,US,130W,1.1C,MDP
Windows 10 Pro
18 Replies
Clintlgm
3 Zinc

Jump to solution

You answered your own question, Windows Update messed up your drivers. Log onto the support using your model and service tag number there you will find Downloads download and update all driver for your notebook starting with your WiFi and Bluetooth drivers. While you're there download your User Manual and Service Manual. I like Dell command Update, it's a manual Dell update program. Seems to work better than Dell update assistant at least for me and I like to have full control over what is updated on my own system. 

16GB RAM
Windows 10 Pro
RyanG95
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Yea I tend to think worst case scenario lol but as I was rethinking I realized the chances of it being the Wi-Fi card were extremely slim given there were no issues for the first few days I had it 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Clintlgm
3 Zinc

Jump to solution

Well any IC can fail at any time, but these issues are usually driver related. MS Windows think we should all use their Native Drivers, and that just don't always work especially with notebooks

16GB RAM
Windows 10 Pro
PetrosKef
1 Copper

Jump to solution
Hello i have the same problem . Did you manage to solve your issue ??
0 Kudos
Another_Dave
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I did this with my Inspiron 13 7000 2-in-1 and it did not work.

Problem: Every couple days the WiFi adapter disappears.  It does not even show up in the Device Manager.  The only way to get it back is to reinstall the driver.  It then happens again a couple days later. 

I have tried:

Updated everything with the most up to date drivers from the Dell web site, including the BIOS (it was already the most recent version, but I updated it anyway).

Hardware check passes with no issues. 

Uninstalled the driver, restarted, reinstalled it.

Checked BIOS settings - it is not listed as a device that can be disabled (even when its working).

Uninstalled anti-virus software.

Other than MS Office, no other software has been loaded.

Disabled all power saving features for the WiFi card.

Any help would be appreciated!!!

0 Kudos
Another_Dave
1 Copper

Jump to solution

It seems to be related to power management in some way. If it is shut down and it is not plugged in, it seems to always lose the WiFi adapter.  If I plug it in then, shut it down, then start it again, it often comes back, but not always. In device manager I have disabled "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power", but it does not seem to have made a difference.

I would appreciate any feedback from Dell!

0 Kudos

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
Another_Dave
1 Copper

Jump to solution

These links seem to all be about connecting to WiFi. My problem is that the WiFi adapter completely disappears. The links you sent all assume a working WiFi adapter. As I detailed above, mine is not there at all half the time.

0 Kudos
Clintlgm
3 Zinc

Jump to solution

Since no drivers are working for you perhaps you'll want to replace the Wi-F- card?

To get this information you need to log on to support, enter your model number and most importantly Enter your Service Tag Number. 

That will open all the hardware information on your Particular notebook, You should download and read your Service Manual there you will find out how to open your notebook and identify your Wi-Fi card and location.

16GB RAM
Windows 10 Pro
0 Kudos