Start a Conversation

Unsolved

N

11 Posts

July 20th, 2019 11:00

Inspiron 15-5575, non-Dell SSD problem

Hello,

I have bought a SSD and when I am trying to install Windows 10 on it, after restart, Windows is trying to boot from the HDD. SSD is not shown in BIOS. After reinstall Windows 10 on HDD, SSD is shown in explorer. This is Kingston A1000 240 GB  NVMe  M.2 2280 PCIe 3.0.

7 Technologist

• 

12K Posts

July 20th, 2019 17:00

Did you clone Windows 10 or clean install? In either case one thing to remember, when you go to restart the system make sure to shut down the system and unplug the HDD. Then reboot and make sure the system boots from the SSD. If everything looks good, then shut down and reconnect the HDD then restart the system. Also when you try to boot off the SSD , if you have a problem, at the Dell splash screen start tapping F12. Then choose the SSD in the boot menu or Windows Boot Manager whichever is shown.

11 Posts

July 21st, 2019 00:00

I did a clear install. SSD in not shown in the boot menu.

11 Posts

July 21st, 2019 01:00

OK, I did a HDD formatting, and then when I turn on my laptop, it shows the error "Recovery. Your device needs to be repaired. A required device isn't connected 

Error Code 0xc000000e

Press Enter to try again

Press F1 to enter recovery environment

Press F8 to startup settings

Press Esc for UEFI firmware Settings"

I press ESC end laptop is restarting, end then launches BIOS, I click ESC end Windows is starting! Maybe I need to choose boot options?

No Events found!