Highlighted
1 Copper

Inspiron 15 5577 Audio failure a week after warranty return.

Hello everyone. I'm using a Inspiron 15 5577 that was recently sent in for repair (Keyboard and Hard Drive). The laptop was returned to me about a week and a half ago. Since then, I noticed a slight static background noise in my headphones, and as recently as last night nothing. Going down to volume control; it said there was no device installed.

I reinstalled the current driver located on this website for my laptop, and after a reboot; the same problem would occur. It would be like I never did a thing.

So far, what I have done to trouble shoot is.

1. Tried to reinstall drivers (audio/video/bluetooth)
  2. tried microsoft sound troubleshooter
  3. support assist diagnostic ( to look for most current drivers)
  4. PC reset

Nothing has worked. To clarify the problem is with both the laptop speakers and any headphone I plug into the 35mm port.

Audio sometimes turns on randomly, and quickly cuts off completely again. Rebooting does not work. Could this be a hardware issue? I JUST got this thing back.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
5 Rhenium

Re: Inspiron 15 5577 Audio failure a week after warranty ret

You have run the boot diagnostic on the system and no tones are created during that test?

Any chance you could let us know why the keyboard and hard drive needed replacing?

1 Copper

Hard drive was failing, uninstalling apps and deleting files on it's own, blue screens and what not.

The keyboard needed replacing because it a few of the F keys came off, and it was easier to just replace the entire keyboard than to try to individually put them all back on.

Will try a boot diagnostic next.

EDIT: Ran the diagnostic, and came back okay. Rebooted and now it says there isn't even an audio output device installed. It is, it's been reinstalled, and updated. I'm getting a bit frustrated.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 Silver

Hello,

I suggest you right click on the bottom left button, select Device Manager, expand Sound, Video and Game Controller, find Realtek audio. Device, right click - uninstall, check the delete driver, then restart the computer to confirm whether the sound is back to normal.

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos