Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

G

April 3rd, 2018 13:00

Inspiron 15 5577 Gaming - SEVERE Audio Crackling Issue

I have only had this laptop for less than two months, but recently I have had an issue where while audio is playing, I can hear crackles and pops playing both from my headphones and the system speakers. The issue seems to persist even after updating drivers and completely reinstalling Windows, and continues to get worse as time goes on. I've run some latency tests and the program usually points to either ACPI.sys or HdAudBus.sys as the culprit, but I have run out of options to solve the issue. If a solution can be found, please answer below. Thank you in advance.

July 23rd, 2018 07:00

Hi Jim,

I bought Dell Inspiron 15 5577 3  days back and I found that audio had too much distortion and I went to service center and they told me they will keep it with them for 3-4 days and they will uninstall and install windows back to see if that fixes the problem otherwise they will change the hardware. As I still had option to replace my laptop till 30 July, 2018, I thought let me replace it instead of hand it over to service team for 3-4 days.

Then I realize let me search if anyone else is facing similar issue and I found this as first link and your suggestion worked like charm. Thanks a lot!!!! :Smile:

Regards,

Hardik

July 29th, 2018 19:00

Hey there, so I have this same issue, and Uninstalling SmartByte didn't help.  It's worse now than ever, and I don't know what to do.  Bluetooth headphones work beautifully, but there's an audio delay that's really terrible for gaming, plus it's super uncomfortable to wear headphones all the time.  I searched to see if SmartByte had anything left on my computer, but a search found only one empty folder and a text document.  Thoughts?

13 Posts

July 29th, 2018 22:00

7567 model here, uninstalled Smartbyte and still have audio crackles.

The soundcard seems to 'turn off' when it's not in use, and wakes up whenever a sound plays, which leads to crackling.

Keeping StudioMix running on mute causes the crackling to mostly subside and make the audio listenable, but I'd like a more permanent solution.

1 Message

August 24th, 2018 07:00

guys please help, i bought my dell 5577 yesterday and problem continues.. unistall smartbyte didn't work for me.. i just don't know what can i do more.. any help?

1 Message

September 20th, 2018 04:00

Bought my 7573 last week and it took me a few days to actually watch a YouTube video and low and behold, I found the scratchy audio issue!  Like others, I wasn't about to take it back immediately so off to the forums.  If I scrolled or moved my finger on the touchpad, it was like running 60 grit sandpaper over my keyboard and the sound from the speakers were awful.  

So Jim, thanks for the heads up.  I started out with the Smartbytes removal to see if that would do the trick and it did.  If it didn't, next stop was to try the native sound drivers from Windows to see if Realtek had issues.  But I have to chuckle since Dell has to know about this and its not been widely expressed by them to remove it or that a newer version of Smartbytes would fix it.  Just odd that Dell would allow their own software to remain knowing it causes issues.  I could see not paying too much attention to someone elses software and just blaming the other guy, but when its in your own shop....really?  

Will let my daughter know since she also bought a similar model just the other week as well but she uses her Bluetooth headphones and has no problems...

1 Message

March 24th, 2019 02:00

Thank you very much .. it worked like a breeze

2 Posts

August 10th, 2020 22:00

hello!
when i was playing game suddenly the audio crackled and came back and this happened two times after i installed intel latest graphics and audio driver which i installed 3 days  ago and today again audio crackled and the sound icon got a red cross mark saying that "NO AUDIO OUTPUT DEVICE IS INSTALLED" i tried re-installing drivers, troubleshooting,disabling,updating and rollingback old drivers and also did reset PC two times but none of them worked can any one help out with this issue?
i will be very much thank full to them

No Events found!