Highlighted
1 Copper

Inspiron 15 5584 Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Failed PCI Express Status Test

Today had a problem with the laptop, and the stop code is DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE.

Ran a diagnostic test later and shows the Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller failed hte PCI Express Status Test, also checked all of the drivers are up to date, there is no updates available. 

Can someone advise what to do?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted

Thank you! We have received the required details. We will work towards a resolution via private messages to ensure the security of your information. In the meanwhile, you may receive assistance or suggestions from the community members as well.

DELL-Cares
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 Argentum

Hi Sunny Day Ever:

Did you find the cause of your DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE stop code?

My 28-Jun-2020 thread Do Inspiron 5584 Laptops Support Modern Standby (S0 Low Power Idle)? notes that if I run the powercfg /energy command from an elevated command prompt that the resulting diagnostic report (energy-report.html) shows an error stating "PCI Express Active-State Power Management (ASPM) has been disabled due to a known incompatibility with the hardware in this computer."

I'm still waiting for Dell Customer Support to tell me if that error is "normal" for an Inspiron 5584 - for example, if the hardware incompatibility is actually caused by Dell Power Manager or some other proprietary Dell software that deliberately disables a power management feature in my Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller driver (v10.31.828.2018, rel. 28-Aug-2018).
-------------
64-bit Win 10 Pro v1909 build 18363.836 * Firefox ESR v68.9.0 * Windows Defender v4.18.2005.5 * Malwarebytes Free v3.8.3
Dell Inspiron 15  5584, Intel i5-8265U@1.60/1.80 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Toshiba KBG40ZNS256G SSD, Intel UHD Graphics 620

0 Kudos