Highlighted
1 Copper

Re: buzzing/crackling sound on inspiron 15 7000 gaming

Same here, I hadn't started my computer in some days, and after a few minutes of using it I noticed something was getting installed automatically. Checking in ProcessExplorer, I see a process that I did not recognize (I know approximately all processes that should be running on my computer). I research about "Rivet Networks Dynamic Bandwidth Manager" and find this thread. Reading the issues there, I start a song playing from the disk, and discover the exact same issue with the sound crackling. After uninstalling the software from the Add/Remove Program, the crackling had disappeared. What in the **bleep** does DELL think it is doing installing random drivers without user consent that make a computer go from working properly to defective..... Utterly annoying....
0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Thank You!

Uninstalling the "Smartbyte software application" absolutely helped.

It's amazing to me that almost 4 months from this original post, this issue is still going on, and Dell is still pushing this stuff. I just got this update on or around the 13th.  I was never affected before. 

Now I can listen Spotify again!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Thanks for this info, it really helped. Appreciate the effort you put in - "I updated or reinstalled every single driver, BIOS, even tried latest drivers from Intel, Realtek, switched to native microsoft hd audio drivers, messing with power saving settings - but nothing helped." - because us fellow users benefited from your contribution.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

thanks to your awesome solution to this problem it truly solved the issue  that i was shaving with the speakers.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Had the same problem with the Dell G7. After uninstalling SmartBytes and rebooting the crackling went away.  Thank you!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Hi!

Very well done!

Something to obvious at all!

A terrific thank you!

From an IT old pro!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

you mean the sound like your G7 produces is like "prrt" and also come with lagging but only lasts for 0.5secs?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Hi!

Very well done!

Something to obvious at all!

A terrific thank you!

From an IT old pro!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

This solution works with the 7560 too - thank you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Hi there,

thx for your help - Smartbyte software unistalled and sound on my Dell Inspiron 7566 is perfect again ;-). I spent 1 day with reinstalling of all around "sound"...

MARTIN

0 Kudos