Highlighted
1 Copper

Re: buzzing/crackling sound on inspiron 15 7000 gaming

Thank YOU! You solved my problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Fantastic! After uninstall smart bytes, it works for me. Thank you so much. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

We have the Inspiron 17 gaming laptop and had the same problem. Read about the Smartbyte software and decided to try that solution. Uninstalled all Smartbyte software and we now have crystal clear sound.

Thanks for the advice.

David

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Same problem - Inspiron 15 7000, uninstalled Smartbyte and now sound is clear. Thankyou

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Thanks mate! it's got a great amp in the laptop I was really hoping it wasn't a hardware issue as my warranty has just run out, I was running from HDMI for a while but then using audio jack this issue came up for me SMARTBYTES SOFTWARE -- WHY DELL!? .. it's gone now and I'm happy! Thanks again!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

I've been having the crackling sound issue for a couple weeks. I called Dell support and they sent a tech out to my home the next day and replaced my speakers and was still having the same problem. The tech said he was going to come back the next day and replace the mother board which is still under warranty. After Googling the issue I found this You Tube video  -

@zhan2204 wrote:

hi, 
i just bought my laptop for 2 weeks..

experiencing buzzing/crackling soudn whenever i played audio.
it happens on both speakers and on plug in headsets.

i believe its software problem, just now sure what it is.

have try disabling dell diag controller device.
disable and uninstalling realtek drivers. restart. updating audio drivers. 
didnt work for me. 

what else can i try?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HB3lbTm3PYc  

same problem here and watched this video and now the crackling is gone!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HB3lbTm3PYc and followed his advice about uninstalling the SmatWare  app and now the cracking is completely gone!

Highlighted
1 Copper

Hi,

It happened to me also. I tried to uninstall SmarByte but it doesn't allow me to do it, my antivirus is detecting something and sending it to quarantine, it's weird.

I tried only turning off SmartByte and it seems it stopped. But I want to know if someone else had the same problem with the antivirus.

Thank you all!!

IF SOMEONE HAS THE SAME PROBLEM. YOU ONLY NEED TO DEACTIVATE THE ANTIVIRUS WHILE YOU ARE UNINSTALLING IT.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Easiest way to fix it- You DON'T have to delete any drivers or Smartbyte all you have to do is open the app Services and then find SmartByte Network Services, right click on it and press properties, stop the service and then disable it and problem solved.