fredmorrison
2 Bronze

Inspiron 15 7000 2-in-1 (7591) missing active pen holder slot

I am disappointed to find that the brand new Inspiron 15 7000 2-in-1 (7591) that arrived on May 23, 2020 is missing the recessed slot on the back of the hinge (or anywhere else for that matter) to hold the Active Pen that I ordered separately.

Every picture on the Dell web site of that particular model clearly shows a recessed slot on the back of the hinge to hold an Active Pen.

I called Dell support and they first told me the slot for the Active Pen is on the inside (with the cover open), but clearly that is not the case.  When I tried to explain that the recessed slot for holding an Active Pen should be on the outside of the hinge, the support person seemed clueless.

What did I forget to specify when I ordered that particular laptop?  I don't recall any of the available configuration options that said anything similar to "include slot for Active Pen".

Labels (1)
29 Replies
nyc10036
5 Iridium

Re: Inspiron 15 7000 2-in-1 (7591) missing active pen holder slot

this is Dell page about where the slot is suppose to be; it is definitely on the inside.

https://www.dell.com/support/manuals/us/en/04/inspiron-15-7591-2-in-1-laptop/inspiron-7591-2n1-setup...

It does say that it is optional and not available in all configurations.

Looks like you need to return your laptop.

0 Kudos
fredmorrison
2 Bronze

The body of my laptop is silver, not black/charcol color.  Could that be part of the reason?

I'm still baffled as to where in the online ordering process I was supposed to say "make sure it has the slot for an Active Pen".

0 Kudos
DELL-Cares

Hello, thank you for sharing the details. As per the system model we do see that this is an optional part which is not available on all configuration. Have you spoken to our Customer Care team on this? ^AM

Social Media Support

#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, click our Dell-Cares name and send us a private message with your Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number

0 Kudos
lan1991008
3 Argentum

If you find that what you bought is not the same as what you received, you have not resolved it by asking the support staff. If you can return it, you can change the notebook you need, or return it

0 Kudos
123lkjasdf
2 Bronze

I had the same issue recently. I selected a ready to ship laptop which indicated that there was an active pen and pen slot. I have two screenshots showing the webpage I ordered from, including one question and answer from a Dell Representative that indicated that this was a "black color variant" of the Dell Inspiron 15 7000 2-in-1 (7591). According to the image shown and the product details, it included the active pen and pen slot. Now I believe the product is off the webpage. I think it was just a mistake of linking that price/those specs to the Inspiron Black Edition. I'm trying to exchange now. A bit disappointing, as I specifically ordered due to the pen slot feature and thinking it included a pen. I might just have to return, as it seems the black edition is quite a bit more expensive than what I paid. 

0 Kudos
fredmorrison
2 Bronze

What part of the ordering/exchange process gives you any degree of confidence that Dell will actually ship a model that contains the slot for an Active Pen?   I don't see any way to explicitly indicate "Include slot fo Active Pen" or similar wording on their ordering screens.

0 Kudos
RuskinF
3 Argentum

If you did not get the Active-pen slot then you should replace the product.

Return the product before the return period ends.

You have all the right to ask for the product to be delivered just as it was advertised.

0 Kudos
nyc10036
5 Iridium

Return for full refund.

Do not exchange.

0 Kudos
DELL-Cares

Hi,'I wouldn;t be able to comment on that. However, we can arrange for a complete refund.

-Susanna

Social Media Support

#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, click our Dell-Cares name and send us a private message with your Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number

0 Kudos