Start a Conversation

Unsolved

F

21 Posts

May 24th, 2020 09:00

Inspiron 15 7000 2-in-1 (7591) missing active pen holder slot

I am disappointed to find that the brand new Inspiron 15 7000 2-in-1 (7591) that arrived on May 23, 2020 is missing the recessed slot on the back of the hinge (or anywhere else for that matter) to hold the Active Pen that I ordered separately.

Every picture on the Dell web site of that particular model clearly shows a recessed slot on the back of the hinge to hold an Active Pen.

I called Dell support and they first told me the slot for the Active Pen is on the inside (with the cover open), but clearly that is not the case.  When I tried to explain that the recessed slot for holding an Active Pen should be on the outside of the hinge, the support person seemed clueless.

What did I forget to specify when I ordered that particular laptop?  I don't recall any of the available configuration options that said anything similar to "include slot for Active Pen".

5.6K Posts

May 24th, 2020 09:00

this is Dell page about where the slot is suppose to be; it is definitely on the inside.

https://www.dell.com/support/manuals/us/en/04/inspiron-15-7591-2-in-1-laptop/inspiron-7591-2n1-setup-and-specifications/base?guid=guid-5fe1b857-0eef-49c4-94a8-285f27e7e23c&lang=en-us

It does say that it is optional and not available in all configurations.

Looks like you need to return your laptop.

• 

25.1K Posts

May 24th, 2020 12:00

Hello, thank you for sharing the details. As per the system model we do see that this is an optional part which is not available on all configuration. Have you spoken to our Customer Care team on this? ^AM

May 24th, 2020 12:00

The body of my laptop is silver, not black/charcol color.  Could that be part of the reason?

I'm still baffled as to where in the online ordering process I was supposed to say "make sure it has the slot for an Active Pen".

146 Posts

May 24th, 2020 18:00

If you find that what you bought is not the same as what you received, you have not resolved it by asking the support staff. If you can return it, you can change the notebook you need, or return it

1 Message

May 26th, 2020 13:00

I had the same issue recently. I selected a ready to ship laptop which indicated that there was an active pen and pen slot. I have two screenshots showing the webpage I ordered from, including one question and answer from a Dell Representative that indicated that this was a "black color variant" of the Dell Inspiron 15 7000 2-in-1 (7591). According to the image shown and the product details, it included the active pen and pen slot. Now I believe the product is off the webpage. I think it was just a mistake of linking that price/those specs to the Inspiron Black Edition. I'm trying to exchange now. A bit disappointing, as I specifically ordered due to the pen slot feature and thinking it included a pen. I might just have to return, as it seems the black edition is quite a bit more expensive than what I paid. 

May 30th, 2020 05:00

What part of the ordering/exchange process gives you any degree of confidence that Dell will actually ship a model that contains the slot for an Active Pen?   I don't see any way to explicitly indicate "Include slot fo Active Pen" or similar wording on their ordering screens.

272 Posts

May 30th, 2020 06:00

If you did not get the Active-pen slot then you should replace the product.

Return the product before the return period ends.

You have all the right to ask for the product to be delivered just as it was advertised.

5.6K Posts

May 30th, 2020 09:00

Return for full refund.

Do not exchange.

• 

25.1K Posts

May 30th, 2020 10:00

Hi,'I wouldn;t be able to comment on that. However, we can arrange for a complete refund.

-Susanna

May 30th, 2020 17:00

And what do I use in the mean time?

I don't have an alternative.

I'd have to take a chance (A BIG CHANCE) and a financial hit by ordering a replacement that is not guaranteed to actually come with an Active Pen slot and then try to return the first one for a full refund.

What are the odds that such a scenario would actually work?

• 

25.1K Posts

May 30th, 2020 19:00

I have checked the whole conversation about the system & the active pen holder issue that you reported.

The active pen holder comes only with the black color system. It is not included in the silver color.

Request you to return the order & place the order for the black color which comes with the pen holder.

-Anita

June 1st, 2020 05:00

Where in the Dell ordering screens does it EXPLICTLY say that the Active Pen recessed slot only comes with the black colored Inspiron 15 7000 2-in-1 (7591)?

I don't dare order another laptop without some EXPLICIT (ON THE WEB SITE) way to specify "with Active Pen holder" or similar checkbox/dropdown listbox/radio button group prominently visible and obvious to anyone looking to place an order.

Telling me "it's there if you order it in black" is not EXPLICIT and it in no way guarantees that such a laptop will arrive with the Active Pen slot.

• 

25.1K Posts

June 1st, 2020 07:00

Hi,

I'm sorry we did review your case and do see that the active pen holder comes only with the black color system. It is not included in the silver color.

-Susanna

June 1st, 2020 11:00

Where EXACTLY does it say that when ordering the specific model I purchased?  You need to make that choice EXPLICIT on the web site by:

1. Allow user to EXPLICITLY specify "I want a slot to hold an Active Pen"

2. If by performing step #1, the color is wrong, an error needs to be displayed that says something like the following:

"Either change the color of the device or eliminate the request for an Active Pen slot"

3. If the original choice of color includes a slot for an Active Pen, you need to include that in the order summary with wording similar to the following:  "Includes recessed slot for an optional Active Pen".

Why does Dell make this so bloody complicated?

I guarantee that AT NO POINT IN THE ORDERING PROCESS was I EVER informed that the device DID NOT AND NEVER WILL contain a slot for an Active Pen.

• 

25.1K Posts

June 1st, 2020 17:00

Hi,

We understand your situation and regret the inconvenience. We are unable to alter the order and request you to let us know how would you like to proceed. 

Kiran J. 

No Events found!