fredmorrison
2 Bronze

Re: Inspiron 15 7000 2-in-1 (7591) missing active pen holder slot

And what do I use in the mean time?

I don't have an alternative.

I'd have to take a chance (A BIG CHANCE) and a financial hit by ordering a replacement that is not guaranteed to actually come with an Active Pen slot and then try to return the first one for a full refund.

What are the odds that such a scenario would actually work?

0 Kudos
DELL-Cares

I have checked the whole conversation about the system & the active pen holder issue that you reported.

The active pen holder comes only with the black color system. It is not included in the silver color.

Request you to return the order & place the order for the black color which comes with the pen holder.

-Anita

Social Media Support

#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, click our Dell-Cares name and send us a private message with your Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number

0 Kudos
fredmorrison
2 Bronze

Where in the Dell ordering screens does it EXPLICTLY say that the Active Pen recessed slot only comes with the black colored Inspiron 15 7000 2-in-1 (7591)?

I don't dare order another laptop without some EXPLICIT (ON THE WEB SITE) way to specify "with Active Pen holder" or similar checkbox/dropdown listbox/radio button group prominently visible and obvious to anyone looking to place an order.

Telling me "it's there if you order it in black" is not EXPLICIT and it in no way guarantees that such a laptop will arrive with the Active Pen slot.

0 Kudos
DELL-Cares

Hi,

I'm sorry we did review your case and do see that the active pen holder comes only with the black color system. It is not included in the silver color.

-Susanna

Social Media Support

#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, click our Dell-Cares name and send us a private message with your Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number

0 Kudos
fredmorrison
2 Bronze

Where EXACTLY does it say that when ordering the specific model I purchased?  You need to make that choice EXPLICIT on the web site by:

1. Allow user to EXPLICITLY specify "I want a slot to hold an Active Pen"

2. If by performing step #1, the color is wrong, an error needs to be displayed that says something like the following:

"Either change the color of the device or eliminate the request for an Active Pen slot"

3. If the original choice of color includes a slot for an Active Pen, you need to include that in the order summary with wording similar to the following:  "Includes recessed slot for an optional Active Pen".

Why does Dell make this so bloody complicated?

I guarantee that AT NO POINT IN THE ORDERING PROCESS was I EVER informed that the device DID NOT AND NEVER WILL contain a slot for an Active Pen.

0 Kudos
DELL-Cares

Hi,

We understand your situation and regret the inconvenience. We are unable to alter the order and request you to let us know how would you like to proceed. 

Kiran J. 

Social Media Support

#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos
fredmorrison
2 Bronze

Here's my suggestion:

1. You create an order configuration that is the same as my previous order, with the exception that the new order includes a slot for an Active Pen.

2. You make it possible for me to "take over" the new order (you figure out the details).

3. I place that order but you don't bill me right away (or bill for half the cost).

4. You ship the order. It includes a shipping label for the eventual return of the old laptop.

5. Upon receipt of the replacement laptop, I transfer information from the existing laptop to the new laptop, "wipe" or reset the the old laptop of any personal information to make it as close as possible to an uninitialized state.

6. I pay the final half of the new laptop.

7. I ship the now clean/wiped old laptop to Dell using the shipping label previously mentioned.

8. You credit me the cost of the original laptop.

Does that sound acceptable?

0 Kudos
DELL-Cares

Thank you for replying.

I've read your request and I'm sorry to let you know that we would be unable to provide you the refund of the original laptop. 

If we provide you wirh a replacement still we are unable to provide any refund on the original laptop. I'm sorry.

-Susanna

Social Media Support

#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos
fredmorrison
2 Bronze

Do I understand correctly that you will:

1. send me a replacement laptop configured exactly as the original with the exception that it will include a slot for and Active Pane for no charge.

2. I copy over the information from the laptop without the Active Pen slot to the new laptop that you send me

3. I return to you the laptop without the Active Pen slot at my own expense.

Is that a correct understanding on my part?

If I am not understanding your proposed plan of action, please enlighten me.

0 Kudos
DELL-Cares

Hi, 

1) If the order is replaced it wil go with like to like system. 

2) we would nbot be able to offer any compensation

3) You can return the order for a complete refund.

-Susanna

Social Media Support

#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos