Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

G

February 4th, 2018 14:00

Inspiron 15 7000 Series 7559 LOUD FAN NOISE

I don't know why but since I have bought my dell inspiron it produces loud fan noise. If I watch just 3 youtube videos at the same time on YT the fan start...

I tried different solutions:
-BIOS update;
-Driver update;
-Reduce the resolution of the screen from 4K to HD;
-I didn't try to clean the fan because the laptop is new;
Sometimes if I just use an editor like sublime text my laptop looks like a plane...
The only way to reduce fan noise is to change the power balance setting of Win 10 from 100% (max usage of CPU) to 85 %.
Please help me, I'm hopeless...

9.4K Posts

February 5th, 2018 06:00

Hi gergeberard,

Thanks for posting.  Apologies that your laptop is not performing as expected.

Here is some information from the Dell knowledge base you may find helpful.

February 6th, 2018 06:00

I tried all of those without having results.... 

Please help !

9.4K Posts

February 8th, 2018 08:00

Have you run a systems diagnostics test? You can do this by pressing F12 at startup or using Support Assist http://bit.ly/1UXBb2H.

Run the diagnostics, make a note of any error messages, then contact Tech Support for further troubleshooting
and possible resolution.

You can contact Tech Support at 1-800-624-9896 or 1-800-288-4410, or you can
initiate a chat session http://dell.to/2v4snVm

1 Message

May 29th, 2018 22:00

Yes I also faced the same issue that after 20 days of my new laptop the fan noise increases I tried several techniques but unable to solve the issue after that I contacted Dell Support Number and then one of their executive came to my home and he rectified the problem so better you also contact them.

1 Message

May 29th, 2018 22:00

changing the power plan from Dell to Balanced, setting the maximum processor state (under processor power management) to 60% for both on battery and plugged in, and updating the video card drivers. Now the fan noise has almost disappeared, although sometimes it comes again but is not loud and then stops after a few minutes.

May 31st, 2018 02:00

Thanks for reply ! 

Since I bought this laptop I called Dell for support but they told me I have to pay extra money for this kind of support.... THIS IS RIDICOLOUS. So the warranty is terminated, the only way to fix it is by myself ! 

Please give me your contact so I can ask how Dell fix you laptop ! It's very important for me 

July 5th, 2018 02:00

Did you find a way with Dell ? I'm really fed up with this noise... Last Dell I'm buying if it can't be fixed :(

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

July 5th, 2018 06:00

Thank you for your message. I will be glad to assist you on this.

Does the fan noise start from the tie you turn on the computer & does the noise stay irrespective of the application being used?

Is the system heating up by any chance?

Please update the Intel Dynamic Platform & Thermal Framework driver followed by the BIOS update (update this even if you have the latest driver) from our support site www.support.dell.com & restart the computer. Complete all Windows updates.

Please run hardware diagnostics by following this link http://bit.ly/2fJuGXB & check if there is an error.

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it?

July 5th, 2018 07:00

Hi, thank you for your concern.

Does the fan noise start from the tie you turn on the computer & does the noise stay irrespective of the application being used?

There is absolutely no fan noise when I boot the computer, it begin only when I'm using it (or sometime when Windows is launching background process). Then, it starts to run louder and louder for a minute or two and in the end it's ridiculously loud. It then calm down after at least 30 minutes. It does this since the day I bought it, 1 year ago.

I'm not using the laptop for games but only internet, Office works and sometimes dev on Visual Studio. The CPU is almost never at 100% for more than 5 seconds

Is the system heating up by any chance?

Not at all.

Please update the Intel Dynamic Platform & Thermal Framework driver followed by the BIOS update (update this even if you have the latest driver) from our support site www.support.dell.com & restart the computer. Complete all Windows updates.

The BIOS, Windows Update and drivers are up-to-date and all drivers too. I will try to install the Intel Dynamic Platform & Thermal Framework driver followed by the BIOS update and keep you updated.

Please run hardware diagnostics by following this link http://bit.ly/2fJuGXB & check if there is an error.

No error (never been any).

I send you the details by PM.

Thanx

July 5th, 2018 08:00

I installed the Intel Dynamic Platform & Thermal Framework driver followed by the BIOS update, and there's no improvement I can really hear. At first reboot it had a new behavior, fans running very loud for 2-3 seconds then calm down, then again after a minute, but after a few minute it's back to the old behavior. From what I can tell by looking at sensors on the CPU temperatures :

As soon as the temp of the CPU reach 65-70 degrees (highest temp I'm reaching, for a few seconds) the fan are going crazy almost instantly to cool it down, but even if the temp of the CPU is back to 40-50 degrees, the fans are still trying to cool it down like it was on fire... And after long minutes (15 to 30) it calms down.

And each time the CPU is a little stressed, it's going on again and again. Even if it's a background process. Sometime the laptop is idling next to me making no noise, and suddenly the fan are going crazy. When I check the actives processes, I always find Windows launched something using 30-40% of the CPU, but the CPU isn't that hot. Again, the fans are very reactive to launch the cooling, but doesn't know when to stop.

In this state, the laptop is a pain to use. I used it side-by-side with a Sony and a Apple ones with about the same power, and launching same actions, and only the Dell is making noise, and really annoying noise. It's almost unbelievable a serious brand like Dell had managed to build a so loud fan laptop, by using bad parameters or materials, and to add to the fun, give absolutely NO control possible on the fan to their users.

Unless you can provide me a miracle solution (one working that I didn't found after looking every months if someone found something), I can't be more disappointed and will definitely never buy another dell product or recommend it to people, and believe me, between the ones I bought and the ones people bought after my recommandations, you can count at least 30 laptops in the last 10 years.

I really hope you'll find something.

July 8th, 2018 08:00

Hi Nicolas,   Thank you for the tag details. Could you please check if the BIOS version installed is 1.25.0, as per the support assist application shows that there is a new update for your system & your system is on 1.23.3.   Even after updating the BIOS & IDPTF driver, if the issue persists, this will be a hardware issue. You may have to get the fan replaced. 

I can assure you the BIOS is 1.25.0, I even reinstalled it after you told me.

I guess the issue is persisting so you have no working answer to me. Excuse me, but I don't believe it's a fan issue, it can run slow and make no disturbing noise, it the way it always run very fast and loud. It does this since day one, and I don't think the support can do anything for me. My warranty is no longer valid and I will not pay for your service to change fan, heat pipe, etc for nothing but my money.

Just type in google "inspiron 7000 fan noise" and you'll have dozen of results proving it's all the série which is faulty, I guess most users simply accept it and hate their laptop. In these posts, you'll find some people who have sent the laptop to service and changed fans and other parts, but the laptop is still noisy. The only way to make it less loud is what the OP on the thread did : limit the CPU power to 60-70%, then the fan doesn't get crazy.

I guess that's the Dell tech did at home with pauljordann, because if they were a miracle solution, it would be worldwide knowledge as hundred of users are looking for it. If I'm right (please prove me wrong?), not explaining him his cpu has now 30-40% less power was a bad move.

Like I told you, this issue is really discrediting Dell to me, and it's for sure the last product I'm buying form your company.

July 18th, 2018 07:00

Dell ignore us. That's the problem. 

As you know there are many users have the same fan issue but Dell just say "Send us your service tag, we will help you.." and then "Oh sorry,the warranty has expired ".... but this isn't a problem only of my Dell....

Dell, I spent lots of money for this laptop, if you listen me: 

ALL DELL INSPIRON 7000 HAVE THIS FAN PROBLEM, PLEASE UPDATE THE DRIVERS OR JUST GIVE US A SOLUTION. 

July 31st, 2018 05:00

Go to settings

Go to system

Go to power and sleep

Go to additional power settings

Go to change plan settings under Dell power plan

Go to change advanced power settings

Expand Processor Power Management

Expand Maximum Processor State

Change Plugged in state from 100% to 99%

Close and enjoy a quiet computer without a crazy fan!

August 4th, 2018 06:00

We already know this trick (cf first post), but It works for me if I set the CPU max to 60-65% only.

You're lucky if 99% works, cause I can't use only 60% of my CPU when I'm working.

August 11th, 2018 02:00

I think this isn't a solution.

It sounds like "I have a Ferrari but I drive like Panda", does this make any sense ? 

You find a way to hide the problem not to solve it. 

No Events found!