ExitNow
1 Copper

Inspiron 15 7537 keyboard replacement

I find the silver backlit keyboard on my 7537 very difficult to use. I'd like to replace it with a black backlit keyboard. Yes, I know Dell only released the silver keyboard for this laptop. But I have to believe there is an off-the-shelf, close match out there for it. I've measured the silver keyboard and its 13½" x 4-3/16", with 101 keys.

Key cover replacement, key stickers, and paint all have little prospect of an acceptable outcome. I think it's got to be a compatible black backlit keyboard. I can live with some (or all) of the keys in the Function Key row not aligning with the 7537 layout.

Has anyone tried this before? 

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: Inspiron 15 7537 keyboard replacement

ExitNow,

The only keyboard that I find in my database for the US is listed below. It does not mention the color. The other 3 listed are for Brazil, French and Spanish. You can call the Dell Spare Parts department at 1-877-717-3355 and see if they may have one available.

P/N

KK7X9

KYBD,102,US,ENG,C14SNB2 Keyboards, Mice and Accessories Keyboard Keyboard, English-US, 102 Keys, Backlit, C14SNB2

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Where do I find my Dell PC Service Tag or Express service code?
Where do I post SA (SupportAssist) issue/questions?
0 Kudos
mrbythebook
1 Copper

Re: Inspiron 15 7537 keyboard replacement

Any chance to get a spare keyboard in England?

0 Kudos