Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

12 Posts

February 26th, 2019 18:00

Inspiron 15-7559, BIOS 1.2.9 is corrupted

Hello,

your new 1.2.9 BIOS for Inspiron 15 7559. I upgraded to the latest BIOS yesterday and all buttons don't work during POST/boot, I couldn't enter BIOS/UEFI in any way (it's in Legacy mode now). Only downgrade to 1.2.7 helped. How do you test updates before release?

293 Posts

February 28th, 2019 15:00

Word of caution, you are a bit at risk if updating ANY BIOS from the factory original.

https://www.howtogeek.com/136881/htg-explains-do-you-need-to-update-your-computers-bios/

2 Intern

• 

20.1K Posts

February 28th, 2019 15:00

Dell customizes drivers and bios for your exact motherboard and they are almost never changed or updated. You should not install a diff bios unless Support says to do it. 

February 28th, 2019 18:00

>> they are almost never changed or updated.

My BIOS was installed unattended WITHOUT my will through your Dell Update app. Have you heard about this app?

1 Message

April 11th, 2019 05:00

The problem I'm having it that it installs, and then the next day, it's back to install again.  Thinking of just uninstalling their update program.  No support...no answers...they're garbage  It's a work computer, and I've always been upset that I wasn't consulted in the purchase, because I NEVER would have let them get a Dell.  They're the worst supported product since the computer was invented...always have been, always will be.  And if you want proof of that, just look at this thread...and after I state this fact, they won't even attempt to suggest a fix.  They'll just keep going along, counting the money of all the unfortunate souls who thought buying a Dell was a good idea.

293 Posts

April 11th, 2019 06:00

2nd REPEAT reply:

Long story Short, you should not do any updating on the Original BIOS that came with the motherboard.....even if it is RECOMMENDED.  Try and revert to installing previous BIOS.  Here is a short explanation as to why you shouldn't:

https://www.howtogeek.com/136881/htg-explains-do-you-need-to-update-your-computers-bios/

Myself, I never do any updating that comes from DELL.  The only update I will do is on my Nvidia graphics card from Nvidia website direct.  If your system is running Perfectly, WHY FIX IT?  The recommended updates are usually for several models and have to do with FIXES.    Good Luck!

April 13th, 2019 12:00

I let dell update my bios...big mistake. Everything works now but all the USB ports!!  I need to load the previous BIOS but without a working USB port how can I?  Anyone know how to do that using the Dell Update tool that does a BIOS update without using USB...like this update did?    I have a usb mouse...can't use.  Also can't do a flash update....HELP!!!  I hate the touchpad mouse. How can one tell what version of BIOS is stored on the hard drive?

April 13th, 2019 21:00

>> Myself, I never do any updating that comes from DELL. 

So why we need Dell at all? To write new drivers by ourselves?

April 13th, 2019 21:00

This is Dell, chap! This is how they work

April 18th, 2019 10:00

This process doesn't work either;

1. Restart the computer.

2. Press and hold the CTRL key + ESC key on the keyboard until the BIOS Recovery page appears.

3. On the BIOS Recovery screen, select Reset NVRAM (if available) and press the Enter key. Select Disabled and press the Enter key if you wish to save the current BIOS settings.

4. Select Recover BIOS and press the Enter key to start the recovery process.

• 

25K Posts

March 14th, 2021 11:00

Hi, I see you’re looking for technical assistance. If you require our help, you could initiate a private/direct message with us, and we’d be glad to assist you. 

Please DM us the Service Tag or the Express Service code (you can find it on the back of your laptop) so that we have one of our Tech Teams to look into this issue

1 Message

March 14th, 2021 11:00

Please sir tell me how do you downgrade a bios update i am in great need and can you please put the link if possible.

March 14th, 2021 12:00

I just had the same thing happen two weeks ago with 4 critical updates that automatically got installed after a fresh install without approval.

Started DU after it installed and it just went ahead, two reboots later I have no usable displays.

No Events found!