Start a Conversation

Unsolved

M

1 Message

July 5th, 2020 03:00

Inspiron 15 7560 i7 -7500U, Keyboard issue, Certain Keys Freezing

Hi,

I am facing issue on my Inspiron 15 7560 i7 -7500U, where certain letter keys (in qwerty row)  does not work , and rarely when it does freezes again . Works perfectly fine via a added external or virtual keyboard .

Had raised this issue earlier to Dell support team and they tried resolving it by replacing Motherboard, which did not solved this issue, and now, a year after replacement it has become for persistent.

Tried troubleshooting by Uninstalling Device from Device Manager and restart. That also didn`t worked.

Kindly suggest on how to resolve this.

1 Message

October 6th, 2022 09:00

will replacing keyboard solve the issue?
I'm also facing same issue for 1 year many keys (caps lock left shift,t,y,[,]) not working

4 Operator

• 

4K Posts

October 7th, 2022 23:00

Check if the keys are stuck on keyboard. Another step you can try is to check the keyboard functionality in safe mode and see if it exhibits the same behavior there as well.

Restart the computer.
Tap the F8 key on the keyboard during the boot process until you see the Windows Advanced Options Menu on the screen.
Select “Safe Mode with Networking” from the menu using the arrow keys on the keyboard and then press the key.
Select the user account at the log in screen.
Try using your computer and see if the issue persists there.

No Events found!