Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

HT

April 12th, 2018 23:00

Inspiron 15 7567, popping noise, audio

Hello,

Alot of users having audio problems. I've seen three of this computers having the same problem since I got mine. We did not pay to get this quality!

I get this annoying noise while listening to music. Even when I am using Facebook in the main page when I am scrolling down and pass by a video it makes a popping sound inside the speakers. even while the videos are in mute mode , I also noticed that when I put the volume in 0 and test the speakers in the sound configuration window the left speaker where the sub woofer is does make the same popping sound not as strong but it still does so please get to fix this, I worked hard to buy this and is so frustrating to get this experience , I never though this would give me problems and specially the first days of use. Please do what ever you gotta do to get this fixed. Surely a lot of people would be happy with that. If somebody has already found a solution please let me know!

78 Posts

April 13th, 2018 00:00

I have the same issue

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

April 13th, 2018 04:00

Thank you for your message. I apologize for the inconvenience caused & will be glad to assist you on this. 

Has there been any recent software changes like installing a new game, anti-virus or Windows updates? 

Have you tried to reinstall the Audio drivers? 

What is the version of BIOS installed? 

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

April 13th, 2018 04:00

This is not a solution but some people get rid of the pop by switching to the Windows native audio driver. Not a solution because some people find other issues with the native driver and anyway you paid for the Realtek driver so it should be made to work.

1. Open the Device Manager
2. Expand the "Sound, Video & Game Controllers" section.
3. Right click on "Realtek High Definition Audio" and select to uninstall.
4. Put a check mark in the option to delete the driver software, and then ok.
5. Restart the laptop.

When the laptop boots up it will look for the Realtek files that were removed in step 4. If none found then it will install the native driver. If an earlier version of a Realtek driver had been downloaded then its files could still be in the laptop and Windows would install that version, not the native driver. So after step 5, go back to the Device Manager and check again for a Realtek driver. Keep uninstalling & restarting until "Realtek High Definition Audio" no longer appears under Sound...Controllers. If you see "High Definition Audio Device" that is the native driver, although in Win10 it can have a different name.

To re-install a Realtek driver you will have to download one from Dell or Realtek.

For noises that are more like a crackle, try uninstalling SmartByte.

2 Posts

April 13th, 2018 15:00

Same problem here, I've updated BIOS. Still there! I don't want to uninstall Realtek High Definition Audio. I've paid that this works! Dell, shame on you, as I see such problems on this forum from 2015. So, where is the answer? One question to all users with the same problem:

Do you use original Dell setup on 7567 or you have install fresh copy of windows 10? For example, mine didn't came with w10, so there is no Dell software on it at all.

78 Posts

April 14th, 2018 04:00

I have the same problem. I use bios 1.6. I have the latest relatek drivers. I checked it on a clean system. The problem is also repeated. Wait for April windows updates.

April 14th, 2018 09:00

The problem is not a 100% fixed..... when I check the sound in the configuration the left speaker where the subwoofer is still does make a tiny crackle sound, you got to be very close to the subwoofer to hear it but it is still there, it is important to say it also does it when the volume of the computer is in 0 and I do the sound test.....  in theory it should not do any kind of sound obviously, the dell support people say is cause the drivers but im not very sure that when does drives come out they will fix the problem 100% and they do not give a specific date when this is going to happen , the sub shouldnt do any kind of crackle sound when you do the sound test in the configuration, this is supposed to be a quality product from a respected brand.  

This same sound appears when I am on the main page of facebook and a video appears or is soon to appear, like when the page charges the video to play it, it does do that sound and as you know those videos are in mute mode by default, so once again i dont understand why the the crackle appears......I think I am going to give this thing back to the store and buy it when the drivers, Dell people should get to work on this. 

April 15th, 2018 01:00

Hello , since I got the laptop just an hour after configurating Windows , the audio started to be distorted,  this is the second laptop of this same model that I get and It happens the same thing but the last one took about 10 days to start giving that problem , for this second time I thought that this could not be happening twice and called dell support, they told me that it is a problem about audio drivers that are made by Realtek and that the users will have to wait until the drivers are unloaded to the page of Dell.  

They helped me out to reduce the problem but it is still there for example when a video appears on the main page of Facebook the left speaker makes a Little crackle noise , when I turn down and up the volume a bit fast it makes a popping sound too and when i test the sound on the configuration it does even make the crackle on the subwoofer even when the volume is on 0.... when I put the audio on pause or play it does make the crackle too in some songs... etc etc etc...... those Little details that are quite annoying on a Brand new laptop 

I dont know what to do and I am afraid that if I keep this thing just like this maybe the hardware can get affected by the problem if they dont upload the drivers soon ...... worked hard to get this laptop .. what would you recommend me to do? 

Thanks a lot , I am from Mexico.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

April 15th, 2018 04:00

"what would you recommend me to do ???"

For years I have been recommending to people who get a new laptop with noise issues to return it for a refund. If the noise is caused by software such as a driver then it is not covered by warranty, which means that after the return period has expired you will OWN the problem. Dell might or might not eventually find a fix, but that is not guaranteed to happen.

April 16th, 2018 10:00

Hi 

Already did all that, the problem is not 100% solved........ I will be returning this lap back to the store, and maybe buy it in the future whenever somebody gives a f about the dells users and fix that drivers or whatever the it is happening....  

I want to enjoy a high definition audio with the subwoofer, if I wanted to disable the subwoofer why would I buyed this laptop for ?  

it is incredible that such a huge brand has many problems with this things... never thought this happens with dell products.  so hope to see a real and effective 100% solution.

April 16th, 2018 11:00

fix the realtek audio drivers dell,  inspiron 7567. we paid for high definition audio on dell inspiron 7567. not for a messy low quality sound on the subwoofer. seems like i bought a walky talky instead of a 800 dollar laptop. is this thing something impossible to do? what are you people doing about this ? this is supposed to be a trusted brand worldwide! come on!

21 Posts

April 17th, 2018 08:00

Hi Hipolito TR,

I've had a very similar experience and I share your frustration.

Maybe the problem is not the same, but I too have ordered a second laptop - still not working! (in fact it's identical) - and I really feel betrayed as a customer. The quality of the product is naive, while the cost well... it's not.

The tech support is basically incompetent and only suggests to send for repair. The sad thing is that Dell itself does not care. The only thing they do is trying to hide that I can send back the laptop for a refund, and continue suggesting a repair. This is a revolution in the semantic of "Customer care", sadly shared by most of the other vendors I've dealed with in 20 years.

I need to work since more than a month (the time for having it sent twice) and I'm the only one paying for something that, to me, is basically almost a scam.

I hope you solve in the best of the ways!

CB

1 Rookie

• 

43 Posts

April 17th, 2018 12:00

This stupid problem appeared after SmartByte update. The solution is very simple, just disable SmartByte. 

77 Posts

April 18th, 2018 03:00

Just turn off SmartByte or uninstall it!

Works for me

2 Posts

May 11th, 2018 12:00

The solution for me was to disable SmartByte - windows - search - off.  Smartbyte is an app to route your internet speed to much needed places, turns out this was creating the popping sound for me.

1 Message

June 25th, 2018 10:00

just uninstall smartbyte that was the which was creating problem

No Events found!