BatmanWayne
1 Copper

Inspiron 15-7577, audio/Realtek driver problem

Since my Windows 10 updated on Feb. 08, I've been having poor audio through my external speakers.

I have two speakers and one subwoofer, and no audio comes through the subwoofer. The sound coming through the two speakers sounds very poor, and there's little or no bass. There's also usually a small pop before audio starts playing, and after it stops.

I had this problem since I bought the laptop, but I managed to temporarily fix it by uninstalling Waves and rolling back the Realtek driver, until the system defaulted to either the Intel or NVIDIA audio drivers (I think). It was the only way I managed to get rid of the crackling/popping problem. Sometimes I had to do it multiple times.

I've looked through previous posts and tried the suggestions, but haven't found a solution. The Dell Update application is telling me there are no updates to install. I disabled and uninstalled the Waves MaxxAudio software. I uninstalled SmartByte. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Realtek driver.

Does anyone have any other options I should try? It's really disappointing that an otherwise nice laptop is having very frustrating audio driver problems.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: Inspiron 7577 Audio/Realtek Driver Problem

BatmanWayne,

Click the links below for troubleshootnig and resolving audio issues with your computer.

How to Troubleshoot Audio or Sound Playback Issues

Distorted Sound From the Computer

For my notes, click my username and send me the pc service tag number via private message.

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Where do I find my Dell PC Service Tag or Express service code?
Where do I post SA (SupportAssist) issue/questions?
0 Kudos
BatmanWayne
1 Copper

Re: Inspiron 7577 Audio/Realtek Driver Problem

The troubleshooting on the links didn't work, but thanks for providing suggestions, Jesse. For anyone having similar issues, rolling back the Windows update appears to have resolved the problem for me. Hopefully there will be a driver update that enables audio to work properly with the latest Windows update.
0 Kudos