Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 11th, 2018 03:00

Inspiron 15 7577 gaming

Hey guys, I have started to live an issue on my laptop. It has started to be laggy when I play PUBG at the crowded environments, therefore, a lot of info that needs to be processed. It wasnt like this before. So heres my questions:

1) It gets so hot when I play PUBG, its a top machine but still. So did I cause any harm to my laptop over this 100 hours+ PUBG hours.

2) Or is it just because some server irregularities or a bad patch that needs to be fixed in the near future. 

So it wasnt like this, I hope I didnt hurt my Laptop at all. 

Thank you for your answers.

7 Posts

April 11th, 2018 12:00

It is so sad that this forum is almost dead and nobody shares any kind of info. Such a shame...

6 Posts

October 7th, 2018 13:00

I have a Dell Inspiron 7577 with the following specs:

• 16GB RAM
  • GTX 1060 6GB
  • Intel i7 7th Gen
  • 4k Display
  • 128GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Whenever I'm playing a game, the first 20 minutes will go without any problems, but later on, my PC will start showing crackling sounds and FPS dropping. Games that should run perfectly at 60FPS with the Geforce GTX 1060 6GB will indeed run at 60FPS in my computer, with GPU temperature of 78-80°C, and whenever I reach 80°C on GPU temperature (Even when GPU usage is under 50%) the FPS will drop to 6/9 FPS for about 10 seconds after going back to the normal 60FPS the game was running at. 

I found that the CPU was getting way too hot and that it triggered thermal throtling on my laptop, so I did the following:

I tuned down the core voltage offset of my CPU with Intel XTU whenever I was playing, which can be found here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24075/Intel-Extreme-Tuning-Utility-Intel-XTU-

What worked for me was doing so, being -0.1V the core voltage offset. Anything less than that and my computer would unexpectedly shut down in no more than 5 minutes.

Also, I'd recommend using a cooling pad such as this one: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0713PHFRW/?coliid=I11MBDWM93THFP&colid=6BLFR2EBC7FT&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_...

I'm not certain about whether the cooling fans or the laptop's materials are what make the CPU and GPU get so hot, but this laptop generally has a cooling problem. Lowering down the core voltage offset and using a cooling pad when gaming fixed the issue for me.

Please let me now if you guys had good luck solving your issue through this solution. Stay awesome.

November 10th, 2019 11:00

I did all that you said but still thermal throttling occurs due to overheating. I have the same 7577 

No Events found!