britke
1 Nickel

Inspiron 15 7577 no SSD boot option

Hello, so my problem is that i've bought 128gb transcend nvme ssd, and at first i cloned my hdd to ssd and pc couldnt find ssd on bios, later changed sata operation from AHCI to Raid, that helped for only that time, because later i wiped ssd and wanted a fresh win 10 install, so i've installed windows 10 on ssd, and when tried to boot it from ssd, windows blue crash screen appeared and said that it is inaccesible boot device, and windows wont boot up, so next i again wiped my ssd, cloned windows 10 from hdd, and now ssd wont even show up in bios bootable devices, i can change bios settings all day long but it wont show up to boot it from. And also after cloning i removed my hdd, to only have a ssd on laptop. I searched and read all similar threads on google and this forum, but cant find a solution.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JOcean
5 Tungsten

Re: Inspiron 15 7577 no SSD boot option

Turn on AHCI and disable Secure Boot in the BIOS. Then try a clean install with only the SSD connected. I have a 5575 and the NVME drive is not detected in the BIOS, yet it boots to Windows 10 just fine and runs like a charm. After you install Windows 10, then reconnect the other hard drive.

-Forum Member since 2016
-I do not work for Dell
-A user helping other users
-If you like an answer please click on thumbs up
-If a reply is a solution to your problem please click on Accept as Solution
Gaming on a home built ASUS Z170K i5 6600
Real work on an Inspiron 15 5575
0 Kudos
britke
1 Nickel

tried it, when i turn on laptop, bios says that there is no drive detected to be booted from up and restarts.
0 Kudos
Job43
1 Copper

0 Kudos
Job43
1 Copper

just got the 5575. I put in a nvme and it shows in windows. I actually cloned the hard drive to it. I just don’t know how to boot from it. It doesn’t show it on the boot menu. Do I have to take the hard drive out? Or does the os not boot from it?

0 Kudos