Highlighted
fr4nk1yn
1 Nickel

Inspiron 15 Gaming 7567 CPU Frequency DROPPING While Gaming.

Jump to solution

I searched and found one thread with an incomprehensible answer, and some unanswered.

My Inspiron 15 Gaming 7567 for the past couple weeks has been stuttering will playing Destiny. Frame rates drop to 14-16, and sometimes as low as 2!  The settings are high but they have been for awhile longer than it's been stuttering.

The CPU/GPU load looks OK when it stutters. So does the CPU/GPU The CPU is at 75c, and the GPU 65.

I'm using a resource monitor on a tablet and realized I was looking at the wrong place yesterday, The CPU frequency is dropping to 770mhz under load. Once the load is over it immediately returns to 3.2ghz, which is where its idle.

I've also cleaned out the heatsink and fans with compressed air, it wasn't that dusty.

Ideas, please. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
fr4nk1yn
1 Nickel

Re: Inspiron 15 Gaming 7567 CPU Frequency DROPPING While Gam

Jump to solution

The problem was the Intel thermal framework something-or-another. Uninstalled it, rebooted, let Windows update reinstall it's generic drivers and I'm back to 60fps on high settings not dropping below 50fps with the same temps.

1 Reply
fr4nk1yn
1 Nickel

Re: Inspiron 15 Gaming 7567 CPU Frequency DROPPING While Gam

Jump to solution

The problem was the Intel thermal framework something-or-another. Uninstalled it, rebooted, let Windows update reinstall it's generic drivers and I'm back to 60fps on high settings not dropping below 50fps with the same temps.