Highlighted
Yoinc
1 Nickel

Inspiron 15 Gaming 7567 - ac adapter issue

Hey everybody,

I purchased 2 same laptops around 9 months ago for my "kids" (15 and 17) and after a month of use they both came to me with an issue on the AC Adapter, there is a small cap on the connector that goes to the laptop that apparently hides the cables but it seemed that the cap was pulled out somehow.  I tried to pull it back in but there is no way to do it.  It was working fine, it had the cables showing but they looked in good shape so I just told them to be careful.

Now, 8 months later of the incident, one the exposed cables finally broke.  I was thankful that my oldest one notice it before plugin it in to the wall otherwise it would have been a fire hazard or injury if his had were to be next to the AC connector in the laptop.

I wanted to find out if anyone had any of the same issues with their laptops?

1. The cables showing on the ac adapter connector?

2. One of the cables braking?

Many thanks,

Esteban

ac-adapter-003.jpgac-adapter-002.jpgac-adapter-001.jpg

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ejn63
5 Rhenium

Re: Inspiron 15 Gaming 7567 - ac adapter issue

Sounds like the cable has been disconnected from the system by pulling on the wire, which is a no-do.  The plug should be used to connect and disconnect the DC plug from the system.

0 Kudos
Yoinc
1 Nickel

I would say you are right, however if this was the case you would be able to just put it back in but is impossible, the connector cap is stuck to the cable so even if you make it "screw" back in the wires are longer than the gap left by the connector cap and the connector.

0 Kudos
ejn63
5 Rhenium

These aren't repairable when damaged - you'll need to replace the adapter(s).

0 Kudos
Yoinc
1 Nickel

Thanks for the input ejn63, the reason why I posted this is to find out someone else had the same issue since it could be a manufacture defect.

0 Kudos
Saltgrass
4 Ruthenium

I haven't had the problem but I am very careful.

You might try starting at the other end of the cable and hold it while you try to stretch the insulation along the cable.  I can't see it well enough to see if it screws in or what but you might be able to get it closer.

These cable can be damaged it you don't watch how it is being pulled while installed.

And one more thing, the ferrite core can catch on the edge of tables or other things if you pick your system up with it plugged in.  That can also put quite a bit of stress on that part of the connector.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XPS 2720, Inspiron 17 7779, Inspiron 15 7567, XPS 13 9365, Inspiron 1545, TB16 Dock

0 Kudos