suhu04
6 Indium

Inspiron-15-R-5537-i7-laptop-amd-card-problem

Hi ejn63,
Regarding the AMD GPU chip,while installing a new driver(from dell or from amd) system wont boot and shows blue screen with stop code if driver.I also tried reinstalling of OS,itz is not also solving the problem.Now i disabled that card from device manager,to get system booted.
All hardware scans come clean
What may b the reason other than a GPU problem ??
What all i can do to get it corrected?
Plz help..
Suhas..
0 Kudos
2 Replies
8 Krypton

Re: Inspiron-15-R-5537-i7-laptop-amd-card-problem

It would be better to keep a single thread rather than starting over with new ones - or posting multiple threads on the same subject.

It's not clear the GPU is at fault here.  When reinstalling, did you:

1.  Install the chipset drivers and reboot before going further?

2.  Make sure you installed the drivers for the Intel GPU FIRST, before trying to install the AMD drivers?  The system does not have a discrete AMD GPU - the AMD GPU is a co-processor for the Intel GPU, which handles all basic system video functions.  Unless those drivers are in place, the AMD GPU is not going to function correctly.

3.  Make sure you installed the Dell versions of the Intel and AMD drivers - NOT the ones available from Intel and AMD?

0 Kudos
suhu04
6 Indium

Re: Inspiron-15-R-5537-i7-laptop-amd-card-problem

Hi ejn63,
First i installed intel gpu driver rebooted the system and after that installed amd driver.In the middle of installation while installing display driver laptop goes black and restarts into blue screen.Then it goes into a loop of bluescreen.Hitting function key and restoring the system by system restore only solves the issue.All drivers are downloded from dell itself by using the system service tag.
Is ther any testing software to find out my amd card working or not??
Can it b any power issue ??
What all options do i have ??
Thanks in advance
Dr Suhas K
0 Kudos