oakwest
1 Copper

Inspiron 15 Windows 8.1 Pro doesn't showup

Hi.

We have a laptop dell inspiron 15 7000 Series 7547.

This is a domain them we purchase windows 8.1 Pro x64, we install the OS with the DVD but this machine activate windows 8.1 only, we don't see any Pro label.

I have check BIOS but don't see a option that black this, this machine originally arrive with windows 8, but we want to switch to windows 8.1 pro to add to our domain.

I had call MS but they just tell to reinstall the OS, we have done this twice.

Any comment will be appreciated, thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Inspiron 15 Windows 8.1 Pro doesn't showup

Hi oakwest,

Thanks for posting.  Apologies that you are having difficulties with the operating system on your system.

The Inspiron 7547 originally shipped with Windows 8.1, so not sure how you got one with Windows 8.  Be sure you are performing a clean install.  Here is some information from the Dell knowledge base you may find helpful:

How to Perform a Clean Installation of Windows 8.1

Dell-Robert P
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, please send us the Dell service tag number via a private message
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Re: Inspiron 15 Windows 8.1 Pro doesn't showup

@oakwestwrote:

Hi.

We have a laptop dell inspiron 15 7000 Series 7547.

This is a domain them we purchase windows 8.1 Pro x64, we install the OS with the DVD but this machine activate windows 8.1 only, we don't see any Pro label.

I have check BIOS but don't see a option that black this, this machine originally arrive with windows 8, but we want to switch to windows 8.1 pro to add to our domain.

I had call MS but they just tell to reinstall the OS, we have done this twice.

Any comment will be appreciated, thanks.

What makes you think you don't have Windows 8.1 Pro x64 ?

https://superuser.com/questions/524828/how-can-i-tell-which-version-of-windows-8-i-am-running-standa... explains how to check

0 Kudos