Highlighted
1 Copper

Inspiron 1501 upgrade problems windows 10 pro

Hello all... I have recently found an inspiron 1501 at a thrift shop and decided to try to upgrade it to run windows 10 pro. I didn't do anything but upgrade the ram to 4gb and the hdd to 500gb. It's bios is v 2.4.1. When I installed and ran the windows 10 pro the first night it ran fine. no hiccups. I did the install for 1909 and rebooted it then shut it off for the night. I came home today to toy with it and get error code on boot telling me a bad config sys info. Will not repair, nor uninstall any updates. I rebooted it into debug mode and got error code 2000-0142  Unit 0 : DST failed status byte= 79.  Can someone help me with this please? Should I have upgraded the cpu as well It is running the amd Athlon x2. Got it just to be a project laptop because it still worked and had xp on it.

Thanks 

cd70451

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
1 Copper

Re: Inspiron 1501 upgrade problems windows 10 pro

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Re: Inspiron 1501 upgrade problems windows 10 pro

To solve the oobe problem you press and hold the shift key and F10 key together then click on the clock settings in the lower left corner of the screen then click on the home menu then update and security then recovery then select reset this PC and select keep my files, then click on reset. reset takes 90 minutes to complete.

0 Kudos