priyanshu021
2 Bronze

Inspiron 1564 display doesnt work.

Jump to solution

Everything works except for the display, it's just a black screen. The led lights work, there is even the startup sound and I can switch off the laptop by specific commands. is there any way I can fix the display without taking it to service? Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
priyanshu021
2 Bronze

Re: Inspiron 1564 display doesnt work.

Jump to solution

I think I've gotten the solution, this has worked two times for me so it should work

Firstly take out the cmos battery and leave it out for an hour or two, that will reset the bios. then take out the battery and hold the power button for a minute. Now put everything back to how they were, I dont know if it works without the battery step because I havent tried it yet. doing these steps got my laptop to work again

Hope I could help someone out!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ejn63
7 Gold

Jump to solution

Does a screen diagnostic show the test images and colors?

Hold D through powerup to run.

0 Kudos
priyanshu021
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

It's the next day and the laptop somehow works now. I dont see the laptop surviving very long though. 

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
priyanshu021
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

no, the diagnostic doesnt show any colors, or anything except for the black display. but there are sounds though.

0 Kudos
priyanshu021
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

I think I've gotten the solution, this has worked two times for me so it should work

Firstly take out the cmos battery and leave it out for an hour or two, that will reset the bios. then take out the battery and hold the power button for a minute. Now put everything back to how they were, I dont know if it works without the battery step because I havent tried it yet. doing these steps got my laptop to work again

Hope I could help someone out!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos