Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 26th, 2021 09:00

Inspiron 1564 display doesnt work.

Everything works except for the display, it's just a black screen. The led lights work, there is even the startup sound and I can switch off the laptop by specific commands. is there any way I can fix the display without taking it to service? Thank you in advance.

April 7th, 2021 10:00

I think I've gotten the solution, this has worked two times for me so it should work

Firstly take out the cmos battery and leave it out for an hour or two, that will reset the bios. then take out the battery and hold the power button for a minute. Now put everything back to how they were, I dont know if it works without the battery step because I havent tried it yet. doing these steps got my laptop to work again

Hope I could help someone out!

10 Elder

• 

23.1K Posts

March 26th, 2021 10:00

Does a screen diagnostic show the test images and colors?

Hold D through powerup to run.

March 26th, 2021 21:00

It's the next day and the laptop somehow works now. I dont see the laptop surviving very long though. 

Thanks for your help.

April 4th, 2021 22:00

no, the diagnostic doesnt show any colors, or anything except for the black display. but there are sounds though.

September 29th, 2023 15:26

@ejn63​ Hi, i have the samme issue and when i press D the monitor cycles rgb colours. 
What would you reccomend ? 
Is the GPU broken? 
thanks. 

10 Elder

• 

23.1K Posts

September 29th, 2023 23:14

That is the most likely cause, yes -- if it's an Inspiron 1564, it's likely not worth the replacement mainboard cost.

No Events found!