Vishal Pruthi
1 Copper

Inspiron 15R 5521 not turning on

My Inspiron 15R 5521 laptop is not turning on . When I press the power button , the power led shows white colour without any blinking but nothing is showing on screen , nor there is any fan sound ,no beeps , no indication on keyboard or DVD drive . When i connect the battery adapter , battery led glows in white colour without any blinking showing that it is charging but the laptop is not starting . Please someone help !!!
0 Kudos
3 Replies
ejn63
5 Rhenium

Re: Inspiron 15R 5521 not turning on

Unplug the system, remove or disconnect the battery and hold the power button for 30 sec.  Remove the base cover and memory modules - then reinstall the memory modules.

Try powering up on AC only - no battery.  If the system will power up without but not with the battery installed, the battery is bad -- replace the battery with a new one.

If it still won't power up, replace the mainboard.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Vishal Pruthi
1 Copper

That didn't worked. Is there any other workaround or I have to buy the main board ?
0 Kudos
ejn63
5 Rhenium

You really have two options - the cost of a mainboard ($250+) or a replacement system.  If the system is three years old or more, the latter makes more sense.

0 Kudos