Start a Conversation

Unsolved

L

7 Posts

January 16th, 2022 05:00

Inspiron 16 7610, overheating, Touchpad problems

I was given the Inspiron 16 Plus (i7-11800h, RTX 3060, 16gb RAM) as a gift before being stationed overseas for the US military, I am now at a base in the UK. Upon using the laptop I quickly found out that my unit was defective in multiple ways. These defects include the very common touchpad issue, the touchpad will work for about 2-5 minutes upon turning on the laptop and then finger tracking is completely jumbled and stutters. This problem exists even within Dell's Bios/UEFI menus and is clearly a faulty piece of hardware. The other defect is the terrible thermal performance. This model has a maximum thermal threshold of 90C for the CPU. I have logged thermals of up to 100C. I have also experienced very unusual thermal spikes while the laptop is simply idling with no background processes running. I keep the room the laptop is generally used in at about 70-74F. I have been trying to resolve these issues with Dell Tech Support since November 21, the same month the laptop was purchased. Now that I am overseas I am told that I can't have these hardware issues resolved because I am no longer covered by the warranty which apparently is limited to the country the laptop was bought in (Would never recommend a military member to purchase a Dell product with this policy). I can't leave a review, I can't get ahold of technical support that has any clue of how to help me with my problem. Terribly disappointed in the quality of the laptop and more so with the helpfulness of Dell Support.

• 

25.1K Posts

January 16th, 2022 23:00

We tried reaching you on a private message asking for the Service Tag number to ascertain the warranty but did not receive a response. Please feel free to reply to the private message whenever you are available.

7 Posts

January 17th, 2022 14:00

I have replied, thank you.

• 

25.1K Posts

May 7th, 2022 05:00

Hello, We see you are looking for assistance. If you need our help, you can start a Private message with us and we will be happy to assist you.

7 Posts

You can disable the intel boost in bios, it helped me in day to day tasks but is terrible when trying to game or render… but Dell never responded to me about this issue. I’m sorry that you’ve purchased from a company with such terrible customer support.

7 Posts

I already have private messaged this so-called support team many times. These robo replies just go to show that Dell doesn't care about their customers.

1 Message

I just bought Inspiron 16 7610 and I have the same issue with overheating. Can you let me know if there's anything I can do to manage it? I have just 2 chrome instances with up to 10 tabs (each). The fan keeps spiking without any apparent reason.

May 18th, 2022 21:00

I just started a new post but on nearly the identical topic. My customer is having almost the exact same problems with his Inspiron 16 7610, which I have verified because just by pure coincidence I happen to be working on another of the same computers. Hopefully 1 of us will get a resolution soon...

No Events found!