Mikek60
1 Copper

Inspiron 17 5000 series wireless problems

I have an Inspiron 17 5000 series with a qualcomm qca9377  wireless adapter. My download speed is a crawl (<2 mps).  I've done all the troubleshooting tips I could find.  It is not my router because other devices are connecting fine

My laptop is running Windows 10 professional 64 bit.  Any suggestions would be appreciated..

Thanks in advance

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
8 Krypton

Re: Inspiron 17 5000 series wireless problems

@Mikek60wrote:

I have an Inspiron 17 5000 series with a qualcomm qca9377  wireless adapter. My download speed is a crawl (<2 mps).  I've done all the troubleshooting tips I could find.  It is not my router because other devices are connecting fine

My laptop is running Windows 10 professional 64 bit.  Any suggestions would be appreciated..

Thanks in advance

If you are convinced it is the Qualcomm's fault, then buy a USB wifi adapter.

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Re: Inspiron 17 5000 series wireless problems

The first thing you need to check is the Killer wireless Control Center.  If you open that and look at settings, what do you show as limiting speed limits?  I found, if you set something even close to your actual speed, you will only be allow 25% of that value.

If I could attach a picture, which Dell will not allow, I would show you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XPS 2720, Inspiron 17 7779, Inspiron 15 7567, XPS 13 9365, Inspiron 1545, TB16 Dock

0 Kudos