Highlighted
itheadquarters
1 Copper

Inspiron 17R N7110 video scrambles and then corrects itself

My display occaisionally gets corrupted.  Some of the screen is legible, and vertical bars about a half an inch wide go from bottom to top, with horizontal lines scrambled so that you can sort of tell it's still displaying the screen, but scrambled.  Then it corrects itself within a minute.

I have two of these laptops, and they BOTH do it.  This started after I upgraded to Windows 10.  I have tried to find better drivers, and tried several, but no joy.  Dell hardware diagnostics do not turn up any problems.

Please vote on whether you think it's the inverter or the screen or a driver issue.  

Could it be that there is a common hardware failure causing this where the parts are wearing out?  I realize these laptops are old, but they are really great workhorses.  I would be willing to put in new screens or inverters if I thought that would help.

Is there some kind of test that would point out the problem?  Dell hardware diagnostics do not turn up any problems.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
nyc10036
4 Beryllium

Re: Inspiron 17R N7110 video scrambles and then corrects itself

If you don't have an issue when connecting to an external display then it is most likely a hardware issue.

0 Kudos