Highlighted
Kyakou
1 Copper

Inspiron 17r n7110 Keyboard stuck and unable to remove?

Hello!

My hard drive has unfortunately failed and as a result, I’ve taken the task of replacing it. There’s only problem though- I can’t remove the keyboard. I’ve checked many videos and I’ve tried screwdrivers and knives and more, but I think I’m doing more harm than good! Is there anything I can do? I can’t take it to someone because it’s too expensive.

Also, is there anyway that I could recover the data on my drive? I’ve got family photos that I’d like to keep and if I could recover them, that’d be great!

Thank you for reading this and for any answers! Cheers!
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: Inspiron 17r n7110 Keyboard stuck and unable to remove?

Thank you for your message.

The keyboard on this model is a customer replaceable unit & can be replaced easily. Seems like the keyboard locks may be stuck.

Please try the instruction in the manual here http://dell.to/2D2Mh3S  (Page 27) to take out the keyboard again.

For data recovery from drives that have failed, you will need to contact a local technician or professional site as these will require specialized recovery software.

Dell-SreejithRamesh
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos