Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 27th, 2020 06:00

Inspiron 3471, BIOS 1.3.0 update fail?

I have Windows 10 running on my Inspiron 3471. According to support Assistant, urgent updates are needed. The problem is, they won’t load. I am trying to install Dell Vostro 3671/3471 and Inspiron 3671/3471 System Bios. It has been “installing” for 1 hour and counting. It says restart is required in status Line. The version is 1.3.0. The other urgent update supportassist is Recovery tools says downloaded but no Green check Indicates that is was installed. 

• 

25.1K Posts

September 27th, 2020 06:00

Thank you! We have received the required details. We will work towards a resolution.

You may update the BIOS manually from the link.
DELL-Cares

I think I am all set. I restarted my computer bios updated. The other update - support assistant os - failed, but you said I do not need that anyway?
DPLE

As I informed, SupportAssist OS recovery tool is used to reinstall OS or revert the OS to factory image.
DELL-Cares

I think so. The “urgent” link for updating dell 3671/3471 and Inspiron 3671/3471 system bio” has gone away. I am pretty sure it worked. Thank you
DPLE

6 Posts

January 23rd, 2021 02:00

it has been more than a year that the bad bios updates (from update 1.2.3)  started problems like the crashing of graphics hardware,  overheating, low performance, and cracking audio on the battery. Now even 1.3.1 is out but dell didn't fix the bios, and now there is no way to downgrade below 1.2.5(which also contain the same issues), is dell even working to resolve the bad bios updates or it's just a cheap business trick so that people will buy their new products because it doesn't make any sense they just add issues

No Events found!