Start a Conversation

Unsolved

P

13 Posts

March 16th, 2019 02:00

Inspiron 3520 Won't Recognize USB Ports-happened tome recent

I was shocked a couple of days ago when I found out that my usb would no longer be recognized in any of my 3 usb ports - However my external mouse is still recognized - so I tried deleting all usb -drivers in system devices as suggested in another forum for dell inspiron. After I rebooted same problem still exists. I blame this on a recent Bios Update as suggested by "Dell Support Assist" . Now when I go to Bios setup -Boot Sequence - the Option to boot from USB is gone because the Bios update deleted this - What do I need to do to fix and have the usb recognized ?

I hope I will not have to Re-Install windows 8 just for that ?? - I have a windows 8 Re-install on a USB drive that was supplied to me by Dell - 2 years ago - this will be Pointless if I can No longer boot from any USB. please help ?

5.6K Posts

March 16th, 2019 14:00

re-install chipset driver

13 Posts

March 17th, 2019 14:00

I already did that and the same , usb not found . What I dont understand is that the chipset Dell assist told me to install is  - Intel HM75 Chipset- v9.3.0.1021(A01) December 25, 2012 - but on the Dell site -it says - 10 Sep 2015.

I will try the live chat ..

All the technician suggested was the System restore - Unfortunately the earliest point I had kept was 26/02/2019. I did that and the same problem -no usb recognized . So it looks like the Chipset update is not to blame. Most likely will have to re-install windows 8.

13 Posts

May 22nd, 2019 15:00

So mannnny Buggs in this Forum ------------

1st- of all everytime - I try to Log back in -Error message we can not find your deteil( this is Stupid-have to Rest the bloody password everytime)

2ndly - Can not Reply to Private messages - When I try to reply -( You have reached the limit for number of private messages that you can send for now. Please try again later.) this is Bloody stupid - why soooo many bugs here ??

DCFAdmin

Re- my usb ports are no Longer recognized - Only my mobile phone

My service tag =

13 Posts

May 22nd, 2019 15:00

You have reached the limit for number of private messages that you can send for now. Please try again later.

DCFAdmin

Re- my usb ports are no Longer recognized - Only my mobile phone

My service tag =

• 

16.7K Posts

May 23rd, 2019 05:00

petershu,

Your system is no longer in warranty. You can click the here to contact the out of warranty department.

You also can reinstall the chipset drivers to get the usb ports working.

No Events found!