DenisMoorhead
1 Copper

Inspiron 5000 series DC port problem again!

Less than a year ago I had an issue with an Inspiron 5000 series laptop's DC port. The adapter would not stay plugged in and ultimate stopped charging the laptop. I was able to have the problem fixed under warranty (after jumping through some hoops ... tech support wouldn't help but a Dell employee here did).

However, the problem has resurfaced and I'm guessing this is may be a chronic issue with this design. Yet again technical support is refusing to help with this issue, instead sending me over to non-warranty support saying this is a wear & tear issue (the machine is still under warranty).

I find my self again frustrated because this seems to be a pretty clear case of a bad DC port but I am getting no support from Dell.

Anyone here able to help?

FYI, here's a link to my last post the last time this issue occurred: Inspiron 5000 series DC port problem

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: Inspiron 5000 series DC port problem again!

Thank you for your message. I will be glad to look into this for you.

Run a hardware diagnostic by following this link http://bit.ly/2fJuGXB , just to make sure that there are no other hardware errors.

Please click on the message tab – click new message & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name, email address & an image of the DC in port.

0 Kudos