Highlighted
1 Copper

Re: No touchpad settings

I've just replugged touchpad "cable" and.... It didn't work. Device is still invisible in device manager and asks to replug the device. I'm out of ideas. I'll try to contact Microsoft tomorrow, but I don't think it's their problem.

Highlighted
1 Copper

Also, I found some tutorial about not working touchpad on Microsoft site which says to uninstall driver and then Windows will try to detect it when computer restarts. I wanna try it but I'm a bit worried if my Windows will really detect it if it's disabled

Highlighted
4 Tellurium

You should contact support. they will walk you through the same steps, if your TP fails to reinstall the TP Driver then either the TP or cable has failed, they will set up an RMA Depending on your Type and Status of you're of Warranty, otherwise, I would change out the Cable if that fails the TP itself.

Either way, you need to uninstall that driver from Device Manager to continue sorting out your issue.

If your concerned about not having a trackPad connect a Wireless mouse

Inspiron 13 7000 Series 2-in-1 -7386
16GB RAM
Samxung 970 Evo 1TB SSD 2nd SSD 512 GB Hynix

Highlighted
1 Copper

The problem is my warranty has ended after a year (I was almost sure it was supposed to be 2 years) and thanks to that I got no support access. I might either extend it (which I'm not doing) or feel ignored (which I do). 

I'm gonna try giving it back to the Dell's partner market where I bought it. No further ideas I got. I'd change the cable or something.

Highlighted
4 Tellurium

Well if you expect Dell to fix it for you and your warranty is finished. I'm sure they will fix it for a price!! It might be cheaper to extend your warranty. To get more than a 1-year warranty you would have had to purchase it as an add on. I know as I always purchase 3 year warranty as I only expect a notebook to last 3 years most last much longer some get sent in for repairs more than once. While most notebooks are prefect and owners have no issue for many years there are a few a small percentage that has issues, That why we buy an extended warranty

16GB RAM

Highlighted
4 Tellurium

One other point that Intel IO driver, while it may be installed it may not be working, so I would uninstall and reinstall that might fix you.

I wouldn't depend on Dell update, go get the drivers yourself and manually install them. Personally I use Dell Command Update 3.0, Its a manual update process it finds drivers and software updates then you can select the updates you want and install them in the order you think is best!!

Still manually from support using your Service Tag Number is the best way to go.

16GB RAM

Highlighted
2 Iron

Re: Inspiron 5370, No touchpad settings

Hi domina:

Further to Clintlgm's post, you might also want to read KarthickSriram's Inspiron G7 15-7588, Code 10 error I2C HID Device, which states in part:

"...The error in device manager is: This device cannot start. (Code 10). A request for the HID descriptor failed. I tried reinstalling the device drivers and it does not install giving an error that the device failed to start. But the touchpad is working fine and there is no failure. It does not seem to be like a hardware issue as the touchpad works perfectly and its just the gestures. There are no separate touchpad drivers for Dell G7 and the touchpad menu is not available in additional mouse settings. There is not any extra option available in the touchpad menu of the windows settings as well..."

I've found other threads about this error and it seems to affect various Inspiron models, although I didn't find anyone who specifically mentioned an Inspiron 5370. If you want to pursue this, note that the Intel Serial IO Driver mentioned in KarthickSriram's original post is also listed <here> on the Inspiron 5370 support page for systems with 64-bit Windows 10. Just be sure to enter your Service Tag on that page to confirm this driver applies to your own hardware configuration.

Dell Inspiron 5370 Intel Serial IO Driver v30_100_1725_1_A05 11 Feb 2020.png
------------
64-bit Win 10 Pro v1909 build 18363.592 * Firefox ESR v68.4.2 * Windows Defender v4.18.2001.7 * Malwarebytes Free v3.8.3
Dell Inspiron 15 5584, Intel i5-8265U@1.60/1.80 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Toshiba KBG40ZNS256G NVMe SSD, Intel UHD Graphics 620