Start a Conversation

Unsolved

A

1 Message

March 14th, 2019 07:00

Inspiron 5559 - AMD Driver Problem

Hi,

I am new to this community.

My Laptop is showing BSOD when I am trying to update AMD Drivers.

Configuration:

Dell Inspiron 5559

• RAM : 16 GB
  • Graphics: Intel HD 520 & 2 GB AMD Radeon M335 Graphics

Please help me how to resolve this.

Thanks and regards,

Anirudh P.

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

March 14th, 2019 08:00

Thank you for your message. What is the BSOD error message you get when trying to update the driver?

Are you updating the driver from the Dell Support site or the vendor site?

If it is the Dell driver, did you use Support Assist, Dell update or directly from the Support site?

Download & save the AMD driver from our Support site & save to your desktop screen. Uninstall AMD entries from the installed programs list.

Open device manager – expand display adapter – right click on the graphics driver & click on uninstall (check the box that says delete driver) do not restart the computer. Install the driver saved on your desktop screen.

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.     

How to locate the service tag

1 Message

March 24th, 2019 18:00

I need help please. This problem has been going for a couple months. My laptop wont even boot. Screen is black. Everytime i press power on, only the keyboard backlight turns on for 5 seconds and goes off. Thats the only thing that happends everytime I try to turn on laptop. I have a dell inspiron 15 7577. Please can you help me?

3 Posts

March 25th, 2019 02:00

Hi I had the same issue with my Inspiron 5570, it happened once and I left it alone for a couple of hours and it was OK when I tried to turn it on. But the second time it happened I had to open it and disconnect the Battery and press the power button to let it drain remaining current. after that I tried to turn it on and it worked fine for me, also I changed the OS from windows to Debian/Linux and never had the same issue again. It looked more like an OS issue specially with W10 that does not load properly. Hope it helps.

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

March 25th, 2019 07:00

@ Palelei99,

Please try the step suggested by rporro, disconnect the power cord remove the battery press & hold down the power button for 30 seconds, this will remove the static.

Connect only the power cord & start the computer. Check if the light on the AC adapter stays on & check the status of the power button light if it is blinking amber or white.

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.         

How to locate the service tag

No Events found!