Highlighted
Genopot
1 Nickel

Inspiron 5567 DELETE/RESET/START FRESH

Hello everyone. I would like to know if there is a way to reset or delete everything and start a fresh new one? I mean reset and delete the BIOS, Bootloader, as in everything and install and start a fresh new one. Because I tried to install Bliss OS as dual boot and it messed up my whole system, can't use grub and just directly going to Windows, then deleted my Restore Points, also it won't make me do a Startup Repair, using bootrec denies my acces to bootrec /fixboot and so on. Like it messed up everything. I know I am responsible for that so I am looking for a way to just delete everything and start a new and fresh one. Please somebody help me with this. Thank you and have a good day ahead!
Labels (4)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
ejn63
4 Ruthenium

Re: Inspiron 5567 DELETE/RESET/START FRESH

0 Kudos
Genopot
1 Nickel

Hi. Thank you for responding. I looked into the link you provided and got my eye on "Reinstall Windows 10 to the Dell factory image using the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE)". But, just to be sure. Do you think if I use that feature, it will reset the EFI/ESP Paritition and all of the partitions to default as well as the BIOS Settings/Setup and everything to default?
0 Kudos
ejn63
4 Ruthenium

There is an option to reset the BIOS to defaults inside the setup (F2 at powerup) screens.

The recovery media will take care of the rest.

0 Kudos
Genopot
1 Nickel

I tried that. But any defaults (BIOS, Custom User, Factory) does not really set the settings to default. It's just the same.
0 Kudos
ejn63
4 Ruthenium

Factory will reset the firmware to factory default.  Should be UEFI on, Secure boot ON.  

0 Kudos
Genopot
1 Nickel

If I do that, will it go back to Legacy Mode? Because it is in Legacy when I first bought my Ins 5567.
0 Kudos