Start a Conversation

Unsolved

G

26 Posts

April 13th, 2020 08:00

Inspiron 5570 BIOS 1.2.3 Update causes Radeon 530 to Crash Games

I already made a post about this, but it got removed for some reason. And I'm too tired to type everything I wrote all over again...

I'm asking anyone working for Dell to please seek out similar threads talking about the issue with Inspiron 5570 and Radeon 530 crashing due to 1.2.3 BIOS firmware update.

Everything worked fine until yesterday when I was in BIOS firmware 1.1.8.

4 Posts

May 18th, 2020 07:00

Bro, if my english is bad, sorry  because i speak spanish, so that

Me and my brother have the AMD 530 un a Dell inspiron 5570, but this problem in the games appeared in different moments mu brother had it 3 months before he had it, this was un september or october more or less, and his laptop was sent to warranty and when it goes back, the problem continúes but in heavier games so, other games continúes still playable, but Like a month ago it happens to US, both at the same time, but de dont update nothing, unless the 1.2.3 BIOS updates by himself, but nos trying to solve something we updated to 1.2.5 BIOS but it still happens 

I still looking for a solution, and i proved all, and by the moment nothing worked 

If u had a cuestión just do it. 

Send help  

26 Posts

May 18th, 2020 08:00

@bbalexito 

https://www.dell.com/support/article/en-us/sln300716/how-to-recover-the-bios-on-a-dell-computer-or-tablet?lang=en

Watch the video in this link and follow the steps carefully.

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-in/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=3p5f0&oscode=wt64a&productcode=inspiron-15-5570-laptop

Download the .exe file from the link above and rename it 'BIOS_IMG.rcv' (you need to make sure that extensions aren't hidden)

13 Posts

May 18th, 2020 09:00

I have the same problem, although i dont know if its the bios, i dont recall updating them, but i did since they recommneded it to me

13 Posts

May 18th, 2020 09:00

Did this work? Im asking late but I did it, still haven't tried it though.

13 Posts

May 18th, 2020 10:00

I have the latest update BIOS 1.2.5 still the games crashes.

5 Posts

May 18th, 2020 14:00

Hi, I had this problem also, in the frustration I broke my hdd but finally got the solution.

First you MUST look for the Bios version 1.1.8. and downloade it, then look for a video of Dell for downgrading the BIOS, you must rename it and copy it on a usb, then turn off your notebook, unplug the ac and then press ESC, Shift and put the AC, and it will appear the screen for bios upgrade/downgrade and leave it there.

After rebooting you should have 1.1.8 and be able to play games again.

1.2.5 has the same problem, dont upgrade it

1 Message

May 23rd, 2020 09:00

any USB drive?

9 Posts

February 27th, 2021 13:00

If you updated the bios the AMD GPU crashes, after 1.2.3 an error occurs in the AMD Radeon 530 gpu the frequency goes from 300mhz to 0mhz, just downgrade the bios to a lower version than mentioned above.
Inspiron 5570 BIOS 1.2.3 Update causes Radeon 530 to Crash Games - Dell Community

If you don't have battery power you won't be able to downgrade, so you will have to go to the "advanced power settings" and look in a section that says "PowerPlay" I think it's the last one, set it to "low battery performance" and your GPU will stay at 836mhz, which will allow you to use it for simple things.

The Radeon 530 GPU is not compatible with the intel processor because it is a coprocessor and you can't use it for rendering and recording, in short it is not much use but to run a light game or two, so I recommend you replace the ram memory with one that supports XMP 2.0 and use it in dualchanel and use the Intel Gpu.

Much context XD, In summary if what you want is to use the dedicated in the "advanced power settings" in global options and put "Maximize performance" and ready your pc will use the AMD GPU.

But as I mentioned it will not be used almost because it does not support UVD and VCE you can only use it if the processor was AMD but it is not the case, you can only run api like OpenGL, Vulkan, DX, OpenCL, because if you want to render with that GPU I recommend you use "Davinci resolve".

Si actualizaste la bios la GPU de AMD falla, apartir de la 1.2.3 se presenta un error en la gpu de AMD Radeon 530 la frecuencia va de los 300mhz a 0mhz, Solo has un downgrade de la bios a una version inferior a las mencionada.
Inspiron 5570 BIOS 1.2.3 Update causes Radeon 530 to Crash Games - Dell Community

Si no tienes bateria no podras hacer el downgrade, por lo que tendras que irte a la "configuracion avanzada de energia" y buscar en un apartado que dice "PowerPlay" me parece es la ultima, lo pones en " bajo rendimiento de bateria" y tu GPU se mantendra a 836mhz, lo que te permitira usarla para cosas sencillas.

La GPU Radeon 530 no es compatible con el procesador de intel pues este es un coprocesador y no puedes usarla para renderizar y grabar, en resumen no sirve de mucho mas que para ejecutar uno que otro juego lijero, por lo que te recomiendo remplazes la memoria ram por unas que tenga soporte a XMP 2.0 y la uses en dualchanel y uses la Gpu Intel.

Mucho contexto XD, En resumen si lo que quieres es usar la dedicada en la "configuracion avanzada de energia" en opciones globales y pongas "Maximizar el rendimiento" y listo tu pc usara la GPU AMD.

Pero como mencione no se usara casi por que no tiene soporte a UVD y VCE solo puedes usarlo si el procesador fuese AMD pero no es el caso, solo puedes ejecutar api como OpenGL, Vulkan, DX, OpenCL, por que si quiere renderizar con esa GPU te recomiendo uses "Davinci resolve"

26 Posts

March 2nd, 2021 02:00

Yeah, I downgraded it to 1.2.2 an year ago. 

But what did you mean by "so I recommend you replace the ram memory with one that supports XMP 2.0 and use it in dualchanel and use the Intel Gpu."

I didn't understand what you said lol

9 Posts

March 13th, 2021 14:00

WolfJam_0-1615672832376.png

Replace that memory with two with XMP2.0 profile support to benefit the Intel Igpu and this will work at 128bits, the laptop has two slots so using two ram memory will activate the dualchanel.

May 14th, 2021 08:00

Funcionou!

Meu Inspiron 5570 estava atualizado na versão 1.4.1 e havia muito travamento.

Fiz o downgrade para a versão 1.1.8 e funcionou. Consegui jogar warzone por horas sem travar.

Obrigado pelas dicas a todos do fórum.

1 Message

January 13th, 2022 05:00

Did you fix this issue?

No Events found!