Highlighted
2 Bronze

Inspiron 5570 Ram Question

I just purchased this laptop and want to add an additional ram to the extra slot On crucial and Amazon it has choice between dual ranked and single ranked ram,I am confused as to which one to go for. Anyone have any idea ? The link to crucial is here: https://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for/Dell/inspiron-15-%285570%29#MEMORYFilters
Labels (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
5 Iridium

Re: Inspiron 5570 Ram Question

Crucial is down right now for maintenance, but overall dual rank is better performing than single.

https://serverfault.com/questions/69612/dimms-single-vs-double-vs-quad-rank

-Forum Member since 2016
-I do not work for Dell
-A user helping other users
-If you like an answer please click on thumbs up
-If a reply is a solution to your problem please click on Accept as Solution
Gaming on a home built with MSI B450-A Pro Max with Ryzen 7 2700X
Real work on an Inspiron 15 5575 and Latitude E5430
0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Thanks for the reply.I was thinking probably dual ram was the better option,but was unsure because read somewhere that it's better to have the two sticks the same rank,but can't seem to find anything in the manuals that tells me what  rank the current ram is.

Anyway might take a chance on dual ram.Amazing that there's not a lot of info out there on this

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Just to update on this. Went to dell website and looked at memory they were selling and they listed the ram as dual ram module for my laptop, of course they are selling at extortionist prices, but got fairly cheap module from crucial same specs

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Of course when I went ahead and opened it up,The ram in there was Rank 1,never nevertheless put in my rank 2 ram and it's working nicely

Highlighted
3 Argentum

So if I got the same stick for my 5570, it should work flawlessly?

0 Kudos
2 Bronze

Yes,works flawlessly,but seen as it is recommended to get matching ram,If I were you I would get the single rank ram because at least for me,that is what is in there already.

I don't think it matters that much though.

0 Kudos