freeman2006
1 Nickel

Inspiron 5570 cant clean install windows 10

I bought a second hand Dell Inspiton 5570 with Service Tag: <Service Tag removed> Express Service Code: <Express service code removed> . BIOS version 1.1.6. All bios test pass without errors but if i try to clean install Windows 10 every time is blue screen with reason Page Fault In Nonpaged Area. I update the bios to 1.1.8, change memory Ram and HDD but the problem still exist.

Is someone can help me to resolve the problem?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
jphughan
5 Rhenium

Re: Inspiron 5570 cant clean install windows 10

When does this occur?  When the Windows Setup environment loads?  While it's installing onto the drive?  The first time the system tries to boot from the hard drive after Windows installs?  If you haven't already, since you're performing a clean install anyway, try changing the SATA Operation setting on your system from RAID to AHCI if it's currently on RAID.  Both should work of course, but switching from RAID to AHCI means the system doesn't have to try to load the Intel RST driver, and if you're running Windows 10 there's no need to use RAID anyway.

0 Kudos
freeman2006
1 Nickel

My RAID set to ACHI. Blue screen occur on first windows logo when start instalation on windows 10 from USB, before screen with Microsoft agreement.

0 Kudos
jphughan
5 Rhenium

If you haven't already, try redownloading the Windows 10 installer directly from Microsoft here. If you still see this, I guess it's possible that the current Windows 10 installer version has a bug that causes this on that particular system model, although I haven't heard of this.  In that case, Microsoft is expected to provide a new Windows 10 release next month, although I realize that isn't ideal if you need to perform this clean install now.  The other possibility would be seeing if you can find an older Windows 10 installer in case an older version doesn't have this problem, but Microsoft doesn't provide old versions to the general public directly, so getting that from a legitimate and trustworthy source might be difficult.  Other than that I don't have any other ideas for you to test at the moment. Sorry!

0 Kudos
JOcean
5 Tungsten

It is possible that you are having a problem with RAM. However you could try this. Go into the BIOS (F2 when the Dell logo appears) and the Boot Tab. Highlight Secure Boot and then select disable. I have seen more than one site recommend that change.

-Forum Member since 2016
-I do not work for Dell
-A user helping other users
-If you like an answer please click on thumbs up
-If a reply is a solution to your problem please click on Accept as Solution
Gaming on a home built ASUS B450-F Gaming with Ryzen 5 2600X
Real work on an Inspiron 15 5575
0 Kudos