Nirmalr7
1 Nickel

Re: Dell Inspiron 5570 runs hot plastic film blocking air in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqO-D1byJ9o

check this video to have an idea on how to repaste the thermalpaste..the 5570 is a little similar to the one in this video

I really like this unit so far and the repaste has inproved CPU temps! See below for small details. But, as of right now the 940mx is throttle limited to 70c in the vBIOS. NV inspector cannot adjust this. I'll see what I can do! Any suggestions? Old max temps on the CPU hit 89c and the Kryonaut ...
0 Kudos
okidave
1 Nickel

My 5570 is running hot also. I was thinking of  re-pasting the CPU and GPU of next time I have the back off with some GELID GC-Extreme. Have had good results with it on my other laptops.

0 Kudos
noghay
1 Copper

My 5570 regularly runs temps above 90C and  literally ALL (!!!) I do on it it's just word and excel. This is ridiculous 

0 Kudos
sv16ms
1 Copper

Hi Nirmalr7, was there any improvement in cooling of CPU and GPU temperature after repasting? Because my laptop also has some similar issues....
0 Kudos
Nirmalr7
1 Nickel

Repasting seems to be working to lower the temperature and fan noise but be cautious when applying it and I don't recommend gaming with this laptop as the heatsink, heat pipe and fan looks cheap and it does not do a good job to lower the temperature while gaming so be cautious do not run games as it risk frying the GPU and CPU. Also I recommend installing a minimum of 8GB RAM for this laptop.
sv16ms
1 Copper

Yeah I have experienced very high temperature of CPU (above 95C) and GPU (above 75C) while gaming. And even for a small video rendering process the Machine gets upto nearly 80C for CPU and 70C for GPU. Does repasting helps in reducing these temperatures. My laptop is brand new and it runs really HOT... Laptops cheaper than this have better heat dissipation and have excellent gaming performance. I really feel dissappointed.Can you  please upload the results of the Benchmark after repasting. Because Im in the thought of repasting my CPU and GPU

Is there any tweaks or driver updates to fix this issue??? 

0 Kudos
okidave
1 Nickel

Is there a thermal pad on the processor gpu in the 5570 as in the video? Or, all thermal paste.

0 Kudos
Nirmalr7
1 Nickel

No there is no thermal pad on the CPU/ GPU only thermal paste

0 Kudos
Nirmalr7
1 Nickel

unfortunately i did not save the benchmark result of before and after repasting.

But there isn't much difference in temp. The laptop itself have a poorly made heatsink and fan. only solution is to disable turbo boost in bios. But again this doesn't make any sense to lower the speed of the laptop to prevent overheating. I don't know how much money the company managed to save in implementing such a cheaply made fan + heatsink if they are going the sell the laptop at a premium price and not providing any solution to us customers.  

0 Kudos
sv16ms
1 Copper

There is a method to lower the temperature of the Laptop to some extent...

1.Go to control panel

2.Open power options

3.In the battery plan which is selected,click "Change plan settings"

4.Next click on the "Change advanced power settings"

5.Next click on the processor power management

6.Now click on the Maximum power state

7.Now reduce the power from 100% to 85% In both On battery  and plugged in.

8.Click apply and then click ok. 

This method significantly reduces the temperature of the laptop, but the performance is slightly dumped down. 

But the performance is definitely greater than turning off turbo boost in BIOS

You can change the power between 85% to 95% and test it for you needs and you can set how much percentage is sufficient for your usage.

0 Kudos