Laxmij
1 Copper

Inspiron 5570 started hanging

Hello, 

I bought a laptop on 10 July 2018 and started  using it on 16 July 2018. I can quote the SR details if you need more information but the bottom line is I did not buy this laptop to just watch movies and check emails . I am software programmer who really wants to do some good stuff.

1. The keystrokes are very slow to respond. 

2. Running a windows update caused the laptop to freeze and screen is blurry. 

I called customer care and after spending nearly two hours with the tech team I was sorely disappointed to be told that this is a Windows 10 issue .

The laptop is a 8 GB machine with 2 TB HDD . Having nothing installed the HDD was showing 100% usage. When questioned about it I got vague answer saying memory was completely utilised when I did not have anything installed on the laptop for crying out loud. Then the supervisor was called onto the call who questioned me if I had run the windows tool to fix issue. For my clarification please help me understand why I should be doing any of this when the product which is just a week old on warranty.

More over when I said that I am not satisifed with their reasons saying it is Windows 10 issue he asked me if I am questioning his expertise.  He asked me to go verify this on other 'workstations' as it is known issue for showing 100% HDD usage for nothing. 

I really do not know why DELL would sell with this so called known issue.

I am sorely disappointed to have bought product which was talked about a lot and had a really bad experience dealing with this sort of responses. Would my experience have been different if I had different warranty coverage where I have to shell out additional money? DELL sorely disappointed. Indians are always taken for a ride. If this was elsewhere in the world experience would have been DIFFERENT.

FYI - Issues still persist and I am not too sure if it is WINDOWS 10 issue. If it is am I now supposed to run after them.

My machine shows 100% HDD usage even when nothing runs. Applications open up slowly  and freeze and then take time to respond. 

Requires several clicks to get something to open. 

Text and screen is blurry. 

Keystroke response on the screen is late. 

All I did was installed JAVA and Spring tool suite . I did not get to the point of doing any heavy weight task. Please note that this also has a Graphics Card on it.

As per your tech support 'HARDWARE ' is fine since they ran a couple of tests on SupportAssist. It is the OS that I got to worry about . 

I also tried to open a unresolved issue request . After filling everything I see that there is a error message asking me to try again.

Lastly there is no contact email id or phone where we can report such behavior . Is this for us in India or likewise everywhere else ?  

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Utkarsh111
1 Copper

Re: Inspiron 5570 started hanging

Same problem with this laptop and they said it is going to take 40-50 mins. Why would give my time if it was just a week old laptop. I was using my old hp is i3 processor with 8 GB Ram laptop and that works excellent really.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Inspiron 5570 started hanging

Laxmij,

Follow the information below to run the Dell Diags on the system to see if any hardware issues are reported.

Running the ePSA diagnostics

1. Turn on your computer.

2. As the computer boots, press the F12 key as the Dell logo appears.

3. On the boot menu screen, select the Diagnostics option.

4. Click the arrow at the bottom left corner.

Diagnostics front page is displayed.
  5. Click the arrow in the lower-right corner to go to the page listing.

The items detected are listed.
  6. To run a diagnostic test on a specific device, press Esc and click Yes to stop the diagnostic test.

7. Select the device from the left pane and click Run Tests.

8. If there are any issues, error codes are displayed.

Note the error code and validation number and contact Dell.

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?