Start a Conversation

Unsolved

P

7 Posts

March 26th, 2020 08:00

Inspiron 5593 bluetooth suddenly not working

Good day everyone.

I have a problem with my Inspiron 5593, the bluetooth stops working from time to time.  It's running windows 10, all drivers, BIOS and OS updates have been installed but still the problem persists.   Reinstalling the driver would just simply fail and upon checking in the Device Manager it would appear as "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)".

I recently had this serviced since it's under warranty, what they did was just reformat (sure enough I lost all my files and programs) and the problem was fixed temporarily and a couple of months later the bluetooth problem happened again.  It's the 4th time this happened in 4 months.

I'm really disappointed with this laptop considering that I chose Dell this time over HP when I made this purchase. I should have stuck with HP, I have an 11 year old HP which until now is not acting up.

Can anyone please suggest a fix for this.  Thanks in advance.   

18 Posts

April 11th, 2020 17:00

I have the same problem.  Windows 10 was restored from scratch, then the network card was replaced.  Now they want me to send it in for "repair" to replace the motherboard, and/or restore windows again so it can limp along and break again.  No, can't do that.  I think this is a simple communication problem and I don't need a motherboard to know that won't fix it either.  Anyway just wanted to share so you know you are not the only person with this problem.

I'll let you know how this is resolved if it is.

18 Posts

April 13th, 2020 17:00

Spoke with Dell Escalation team today.  They are sending a replacement laptop, so I will give it another shot.

1 Message

June 2nd, 2020 05:00

I'm facing same problem from the last one month..  I hope your laptop is working fine now.

272 Posts

June 2nd, 2020 05:00

If the firmware and other things like drivers are all updated according to the DELL SupportAssist then it means a few things and one of that is, The bluetooth card is physically compromised.

18 Posts

June 2nd, 2020 06:00

They replaced the network card without resolution.  Apparently it was a motherboard defect.  They sent me a new pc as an exchange and that resolved it.

18 Posts

June 2nd, 2020 08:00

I read someplace that Dell has a good reputation for quality, less than 5% which is better than most.  But every manufacturer has some problems and you are part of the 5%, as I was.  After I refused to accept another "fix", I was referred to the escalation team and everything changed.  They were very reasonable and agreed to replace the laptop.  So the first line technicians are not allowed to make policy exceptions, but the escalation team views it differently and has the ability to work beyond strict policy guidelines.

27 Posts

June 4th, 2020 16:00

This is an ongoing issue with Qualcomm QCA9377 wifi/bluetooth adapters and is not limited to Dell.  I too have had the same problems on my Inspiron 15 (5593)..please see my post at:

https://www.dell.com/community/XPS-Desktops/XPS-8930-Qualcomm-QCA9377-Bluetooth-failures-2/m-p/7618858#M50617 

and the imbedded link therein.

Apparently there is only a workaround...no fix yet.

7 Posts

July 8th, 2020 00:00

Here's a temporary solution I found somewhere if you want just to enable Bluetooth again.

1. In Device Manager, uninstall the Bluetooth it will be labeled Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)
  2. Disconnect power supply from laptop.
  3. Shutdown laptop for at least 5 mins.  Don't restart! No need to drain battery.
  4. Power on.
  5. Bob's your uncle. Your Bluetooth device is active again.

247 Posts

July 8th, 2020 04:00

Have had same issues using a Bluetooth mouse with my 5593. A Dell support person worked on it remotely for over a hour and finally got it working and blamed the mouse. This has been a notebook I wish that I had never purchased. It runs hot, which makes it throttle the CPU at times, the WiFi and Bluetooth issues as well as the flimsy chassis and poor screen quality even though its suppose to be a IPS quality screen. 

45 Posts

July 15th, 2020 07:00

* Open the Device Manager
* Click arrow left of "Universal Serial Bus controllers"
* Look for a device descriptor Failed device with caution mark
* Right click the failed device and click "Disable device"
* Right click "Intel USB 3.0/3.1 eXtensible Host Controller"
* Click "Uninstall device"
* Using your laptop touchpad, click "Action"
* Click "Scan for hardware changes"
* Your Bluetooth icon should reappear and the failed device should be gone. At least for the moment. Remember to Disable device BEFORE you uninstall the device

August 7th, 2020 03:00

I tried the above operations but didn't work for me.

45 Posts

August 7th, 2020 04:00

Well.. Did you disable it before uninstal? That is the crucial step... It should have worked..

7 Posts

August 7th, 2020 10:00

@Sagar Saini 

Try my solution posted on 07-08-2020 12:57 AM on this same thread.

August 8th, 2020 02:00

45 Posts

August 8th, 2020 03:00

That was a temporary solution .....some complained that the problem came back after 1-3 days....i can confirm because i too had the same problem returned after shutdown fix......then i solved my problem permanently by the method i described above...

but if it fixed your problem...i hope it is permanent 

No Events found!