smi25810
1 Copper

Re: Inspiron 7386 2-in-1 LOUD FAN

Hi, 

Thank you for the response. The fan is constantly spinning it seems like because I can hear it non stop. Sometimes loud enough that people around me notice. I have not been doing anything but use the internet and Excel on this laptop since I bought it yesterday and the fan has only been silent for about 5-10% of the time while in use. The battery seems to be draining at a substantial level for the device only being a day old. What can I do about this fan issue? 

Thank you, 

Alec

0 Kudos
smi25810
1 Copper

The laptop is Dell Inspirion 7386, I do not know what BIOS is installed, and the status of my power cord is brand new. I bought this Dell New at Best Buy yesterday.  

0 Kudos

Thank you for the confirmation. Please update the Intel Dynamic Platform & Thermal Framework driver along with the BIOS update from the Support site here.

You will need to fully charge the battery before the first use. The battery will calibrate & should work fine.

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

How to locate the service tag

Dell-SreejithR
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos
smi25810
1 Copper

Hi, I updated all of those and the fan still runs the same amount of time. Loud and for long periods of time. 

What else can we do to resolve this? 

Thank you

0 Kudos

Sorry to know that the issue persists. Please share audio of the noise & along with the service tag on a private message.

Dell-SreejithR
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos