Start a Conversation

Unsolved

L

1 Message

March 16th, 2022 12:00

Inspiron 7415 2-in-1, hinge and warranty

Hello Dell Community,

I am having major issues with Dell warranty support and am posting here in hopes that I can actually get some traction on the issue.

I purchased a new Dell Inspiron 7415 in December, 2021. On March 1, 2022 the right hinge popped out of the socket and broke making reassembly impossible. This device was not abused or mistreated in anyway - we simply went to close it from tablet mode one night and it broke.

I reached out to warranty support as the device was less than four months old and have been very disappointed with the response. I have called, chatted, and emailed multiple times without making any progress whatsoever. The in-warranty department tells me to call the out-of-warranty department, yet the out-of-warranty department tells me to call the in-warranty department. No one can do anything other than tell me to send it in at my expense without an explanation of why it isn't covered. I have requested a response in writing as to why a brand new computer breaking during the first few months during normal operation is not covered under warranty, and I was told that they can't help with that over email. Yet the calls I have become endless redirects and disconnects.

I am beyond frustrated as the computer and screen are fine - it is just the hinge. I have been a Dell customer since 2005 and have never had problems like this before, yet a quick Google shows the hinge issues are common place for this model (should have done my research better before buying). This is a known issue.

Can anyone please help me figure out who I need to contact to fix this issue under warranty without having to wait on the phone for hours only to be told to call someone else or that it isn't covered? Thank you.

• 

25K Posts

March 16th, 2022 13:00

Thank you! We have received the required details. We will work towards a resolution. In the meantime, you may also receive assistance or suggestions from the community members.

1 Message

May 23rd, 2022 09:00

Hello! I also had the same problem and the right hinge of my laptop with the same model as yours broke this April 2022 and it was just bought last November of 2021, I also used it with great care so I'm sure that I wasn't the reason why it broke. I just wanna ask if you already got your laptop fixed and how much it cost.

1 Message

August 18th, 2022 20:00

Hello, I’m having the same issue with my laptop how I can contact support in order to have ir fix? I’m already in warranty period.

1 Message

November 24th, 2022 23:00

This particular model of Inspiron Laptop cant be easily fixed with just the hinges, we need to completely change the display(if it is a touchscreen).  Even my Inspiron 7415 2 in 1 laptop's right Hinge broke just after 6 months from Purchase . I was just lucky enough to be covered under warranty. But now its been 2 months since the service and again the hinges are starting to gap up which will soon lead to its breakage, and this time I wont be having a warranty to cover it up. And the dell warranty extension are too expensive. I request the Dell company to have a look in this issue. 

1 Message

December 21st, 2022 06:00

I just ran into the exact same problem. Right hing broke, purchased in November of 2021, only my warranty just expired. We left laptop open on counter most of the time and didn't open/close it much. But right hinge popped out of screen without any brute force...bad part. Dell help please 

No Events found!