Highlighted
Gldesigner
Copper

Inspiron 7537 touch screen behavior problem

Hi,

My touch screen is acting like I'm touching it repeatedly in a certain area when I open the lid. The only solution is to open the lid wider or gauging the sweet spot where it doesn't have this behavior.

Also, the integrated webcam isn't working anymore. It seems like it disconnected or dead since it doesn't appear anymore in the device manager. May be related?

All the drivers are up to date and all updates has been done except the Intel management engine that my laptop running windows 10 won't let me complete

I suppose the parts aren't available or if still they'll be so expensive, it will not worth it.

Is it a common defect ? Is there a tip or a easy fix ?

Thank you

0 Kudos
2 Replies
LSUFAN51
Diamond

Re: Inspiron 7537 touch screen behavior problem

I'd suggest you calibrate the touch screen by following the steps in the link below:

How Do I Calibrate the Touchscreen on my Dell System ...

Now for the webcam problem;

In device manager, expand Cameras. At the taskbar (device manager), select Action and then Scan For Hardware Changes. Hopefully webcam drivers appear.

If webcam still doesn't appears, select View (device manager) and then Show Hidden Devices. Hopefully webcam driver appear.

0 Kudos
Gldesigner
Copper

Re: Inspiron 7537 touch screen behavior problem

Did the calibration, still the problem persists. Didn't thought about this one. Thanks.

Unfortunately, no camera in the list and no new hardware discovered.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos