StormRaging
1 Copper

Inspiron 7559 Battery Failure Messge

Hello, 

I keep getting a permanent battery failure message on my laptop yet when I go into the Bios and also check in Dell Power Manager Lite it says my battery health is excellent.  Is this an error or is my battery actually failing?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
LSUFAN51
4 Ruthenium

Re: Inspiron 7559 Battery Failure Messge

Please run Dell off line diagnostic to check the battery health by following steps below: 

1. Power off system.

2. Power on system. quickly start tapping F12 key continuously until you see Preparing one time boot menu in the top right corner of the screen.

In Dell eSPA Preboot menu, select Diagnostic. After quick tests, select Primary Battery and then click Through Test Mode. Report back any error code.

By the way, what the Power and battery status light says or the color of it, if any...?  Does the computer power on without the AC adapter ?  

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
StormRaging
1 Copper

Re: Inspiron 7559 Battery Failure Messge

I did the thorough test mode and it only took like 1 second it came back successfully passed no errors.  Says battery health is 74% and Voltage is 12724 mV.  Computer runs fine with no power, battery lasts about 2 hours which is close to what it lasted when I first got it. When it's charging there is a white light on the front of the computer that I believe goes orange when it's low.

0 Kudos