Start a Conversation

Unsolved

C

2 Posts

March 13th, 2019 14:00

Inspiron 7567 - Close Lid while in Dock

I have an Inspiron 7567 and running it through a docking station (aftermarket).  My problem is I have to open the lid to power it on.  I close the lid after it powers up and run with two monitors.  I have a power strip with individual switches so I can control the power supply separately.  How can I power the laptop on without opening the lid?   

9.4K Posts

March 14th, 2019 03:00

Hi Cessna95G,

Thanks for posting.  Apologies that your system is not performing as expected.

Which aftermarket dock are you using?  You would need to contact the device manufacturer for support.

Have you been able to perform a systems diagnostics yet?  If not, please run Dell SupportAssist.  Make a note of any error messages encountered and post back.  If there are no error messages, then it could indicate either a software or driver issue.

If you still require assistance and the system is under warranty, you may contact me privately. Be sure to include your personal information (name, address, telephone, email) and your computer's service tag number in your message. Thanks.

If there is no warranty, then you could contact our Out of Warranty team to get a quote for a paid service request. 

2 Posts

March 14th, 2019 14:00

I am using a Unitek Y--3704.  I ran Support Assist and it returned no errors..  

9.4K Posts

March 15th, 2019 03:00

I've looked through the documentation for the Y-3704 and do not see any claims from the manufacturer that the hub (dock) will work with the lid closed.  Dell has not tested this device to work with our products, so we are unable to support it. Please contact Unitek for support.  Thanks.

No Events found!