Highlighted
Lexford
1 Nickel

Inspiron 7567 Fans Run on Full Blast During Shutdown and Sleepmode

About a month ago my Inspiron 7567 short circuited due to a screw that held the battery in place becoming unscrewed and touching the motherboard. I sent it in to the dell repair depot, and got it back 3 weeks later. They replaced a fan and the motherboard. Everything worked great, so I reinstalled my hard drive and went back to business. Unfortunately, when I shut down, the fans came on full blast.

I thought it was a weird one-time issue so I wasn't concerned, but after some experimentation I found that it only does it during shutdown if the laptop is plugged in. The fans also do this when the laptop is in sleep mode, only during sleep mode it doesn't matter if it is plugged in or not.

This issue is incredibly frustrating, and I would like to get it resolved without having to send it back in to dell for 3 more weeks as it makes schoolwork rather difficult. I have spent hours troubleshooting. I've uninstalled drivers, reinstalled drivers, updated drivers, reverted drivers back to old versions, reset the bios, and even reinstalled windows, but the problem persists. Any help would be much appreciated.

0 Kudos
6 Replies

Re: Inspiron 7567 Fans Run on Full Blast During Shutdown and Sleepmode

Is the BIOS updated?
If yes, go to bios and load default settings
0 Kudos
Lexford
1 Nickel

BIOS up to date, defaults loaded, problem still persists.

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

@Lexford wrote:

Everything worked great, so I reinstalled my hard drive and went back to business. Unfortunately, when I shut down, the fans came on full blast.

If you were one of us, what would be your first thought as to what the problem could be after seeing the above statement?

So, did you try removing the drive and booting to an external source or the prior drive?

I have seen fans which will spin up prior to sleep or shutdown in order to cool them before the power is lost.  Since it is a different motherboard, maybe there was some problem with that board.

Right now, some of the 7567s are having random shutdowns which cannot yet be explained..

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XPS 2720, Inspiron 17 7779, Inspiron 15 7567, XPS 13 9365, Inspiron 1545, TB16 Dock

0 Kudos

Thank you for your message. I will be glad to look into this for you.

Does the computer heat up when in use?

What is the BIOS version installed?

Run a quick hardware diagnostic by following this link http://bit.ly/2fJuGXB & check if there is any error.

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

Dell-SreejithRamesh
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos
Lexford
1 Nickel

The laptop is not overheating, so that wouldn't appear to be an issue.

BIOS is version 1.5.3

Just ran diagnostics, no errors were found =P

0 Kudos
Lexford
1 Nickel

Sorry, should have mentioned in original post. I did try removing the hard drive, but the problem was still there.

0 Kudos