Highlighted
Redskor
1 Copper

Inspiron 7567, GAME ONE, Waves Maxxaudio Pro: No Mic

I am currently using the Dell Inspiron 15 Gaming 7567 laptop computer trying to use my new Sennheiser GAME ONE headset.  I've been trying to get my 3.5mm jack to work with my laptop, as using a USB converter works but limits quality.  I've already confirmed with my phone that the headset's mic works just fine with my secondary cable.  I believe that this is a problem with my Waves Maxxaudio Pro as it has, for some time now, not been showing up the popup window it usually does when plugging in my device.  I already checked it's settings but the box was already ticked.  I reinstalled the software, which surprisingly took only an instant, but to no avail.

Any help is appreciated, thank you!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
snapthepigeon
1 Copper

Re: Inspiron 7567, GAME ONE, Waves Maxxaudio Pro: No Mic

I think I know the fix for this but first, are you using the 2 to 1 adapter for the headset?

0 Kudos
snapthepigeon
1 Copper

Im just going to leave my solution so if this is the case this is the fix.

If you do have the 2 to 1 3.5mm adapter for your headset this should be the fix.
Step 1. right click speaker button in taskbar
Step 2. click playback devices or recording. if under the default device is says anything BUT "Realtek Audio" this is the problem. For some reason the HD audio driver doesnt work with the mic. If you dont show "Realtek Audio" move ahead to step 3
Step 3. click start and type "device manager"
Step 4. Go down to "Sound, video, and game controllers"
Step 5. Locate the device that matches what was shown in the playback device or recording device.
Step 6. Right click then update on that device
Step 7. Click "Browse my computer"
Step 8. Click "Let me pick..."
Step 9. Should be one in there saying "Realtek Audio" install that

After that a restart might be needed but that should have fixed it. Goodluck

Source: fellow Sennheiser owner, PC37x

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Saltgrass
4 Germanium

Are you getting the Waves popup and selecting Headset, not headphone?  If you are not getting the popup, you should be able to open the Waves UI from the hidden icons or the apps listings.  Select the headset from there.

If reinstalling does not help, you may need to go through the process of completely uninstalling the Audio driver and then reinstalling.  Download the driver first so Windows does not load its version.

The new Win 10 build seems to be throwing some curve balls regarding sound. We will have to see how that goes.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XPS 2720, Inspiron 17 7779, Inspiron 15 7567, XPS 13 9365, Inspiron 1545, TB16 Dock

0 Kudos
Full Metal
1 Copper

I have the same problem but when i boot my computer with my headphones plugged in the option pops up but i dont know what to do 

0 Kudos
Full Metal
1 Copper

pls reply with help

0 Kudos